Views: 1465|Replies: 0

A Script for Pacem Pacifici [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-3 06:33:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-6-3 06:41

Obama:  Welcome to the USA, President Xi, I have looked forward to meeting you today and tomorrow, thank you for accepting my invitation at such short notice.

Xi:  Thank you Mr. President, it is my pleasure and honor to be your guest.  I also look forward to our two-day talks.  I look forward to sharing with you what the needs of my country are, and wish to share also your concerns.

. . . . . .

Xi:  My foremost need is for you to recognize our sovereignty over Diaoyudao, so that unnecessary conflicts will not arise from our defense of our national territory.  China's sovereignty over Diaoyudao is a historical fact, not a political convenience for us, the newer and younger generation leaders of China.  I hope you understand there is no way I can lead my people, or bring them to an appreciation of your valid concerns, unless you do something to convince them that you do respect their sovereignty over Diaoyudao, not as a favor, but as their right.  You have said, your government has no opinion regarding the ultimate sovereignty over Diaoyudao.  This is not enough.  Furthermore, your government said the Japanese are guaranteed the right to administer Diaoyudao, which implies China does not have real sovereignty over it.  Otherwise, how can Japan administer it without Chinese permission?  So, your true position is that China does NOT have sovereignty over Diaoyudao.  Any third grader can figure this out.  This must change.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Obama:  President Xi and I have very candid and productive discussions regarding the needs and aspirations of our two peoples, how we can move forward as partners in peace and prosperity.  I value this relationship deeply.  I regret that there remain some issues where we could not arrive at a common answer, despite honest efforts on our part.  But I am happy that there are some issues where we have broken new ground.  We are agreed that the sovereignty of Diaoyudao, based on historical facts, not political conveniences, must belong to the Chinese people.  Japan remains our most trusted ally, but it is in the interest of Japan as well as the United States, that I, as President of the United States of America, extend our recognition and friendship to the Chinese people on a tiny little rock in the East China Sea that has no military or economic significance, compared to its symbolic value of the fact that truth matters, and on this foundation, this Rock of Gibraltar of the East China Sea, we can continue to agree on more pressing issues that beset our two nations, and that our Japanese allies are rightly concerned about, such as the unrelenting nuclearization of North Korea, which we are agreed must not go forward by another inch, without jeopardizing the security of the United States, South Korea, and Japan.  If North Korea is sincere about its willingness to denuclearize in exchange for a guarantee of a lasting peace, let me say this clearly, we are not afraid of peace, but we want a peace without oppression.  If North Korea takes concrete steps to democratize its system, to protect the human rights of its citizens, while also denuclearizing in a verifiable, complete and permanent manner, then we are ready, more than ready, to welcome North Korea to the family of nations, as a friend and as a partner in progress.

. . . . . . . .

Together:  God Bless America and China!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.