Author: Hadron

What Does China Have That is More Advanced than USA?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-11 22:08:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-11 22:15:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-12 05:42:56 |Display all floors
At the moment, China does not have anything that is more advanced than the West.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-12 07:33:27 |Display all floors
Perhaps in the next 100 years, China will have something that is more advanced than the West. {:soso_e181:}

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-12 17:10:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by futsanglung at 2013-6-12 17:10
seneca Post time: 2013-6-11 21:36
The China-Tibet railway does not rely on home-grown technology (for the pressurising of the carria ...

On the China Tibet railway I was referring to the infrastructure, not the rolling stock, the heat dissipators and the tunneling through permafrost are two of the many things developed by the Chinese designers. Also the new HST's in China are far better than anything in the US and are Chinese designed.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-13 07:13:39 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-6-12 21:15
Well, that is probably true. What is an "HST", though?

HST is how in the UK we refer to High Speed Trains.

When I first came to China Shanghai Beijing was 19 hours, now it is down to 5. A lot of progress in 16 years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 14:03:27 |Display all floors
hehe, just take a look at this, you will stop bragging about.

#21 Back in 1998, the United States had 25 percent of the world’s high-tech export market and China had just 10 percent. Ten years later, the United States had less than 15 percent and China’s share had soared to 20 percent.

#36 A recent investigation by the U.S. Senate Committee on Armed Services found more than one million counterfeit Chinese parts in the Department of Defense supply chain

#22 The United States has lost more than a quarter of all of its high-tech manufacturing jobs over the past ten years.

#23 China’s number one export to the U.S. is computer equipment, but the number one U.S. export to China is “[censored by forum filter]”.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.