Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 12:34:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 14:51:49 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2013-6-1 08:05
Hey, windbag, there must have had been a lot of immigrants from Wales who settled in Pennsylvania. ...
Thing about Welsh and Celtic, they are not phonetic e.g. Siobhan ( pronounced She-Vonn ).

I think they probably are phonetic, but WELSH phonetic and that's where the trouble starts !

BTW, Siobhan is Irish.

I love the Welsh accent, the Welsh names and sadly I have not been able to find any Welsh in my ancestry.
Plenty of Celts, from Scotland Ireland and Cornwall, but no Welsh, yet.

"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 14:57:41 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-6-1 12:34
You wouldn't seriously say the word USAanians is a problem for most Americans.

We Australians  ...

British ex-cons....

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-1 15:13:04 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2013-6-1 11:34
The problem with the word
USania or USanian
It rhymes with insane

Maybe Freud would comment on this, coincidence or not?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 15:13:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Welsh_Windbag at 2013-6-1 15:13
JFenix Post time: 2013-6-1 06:09
I don't mind all the usual stuff.  Hell, you can even call us assholes and I wouldn't get upset.

How did you get to be an ' elite member ' with all that bad language ?

So far you're in a minority of one, taking exception to being called USAnian.  Your prerogative of course but you must have worked out that people are going to goad you for it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 15:26:30 |Display all floors
People from countries in and around North, Central and South America use their official name (Brazilian, Purto Rican, Panamanian). The area in question was originally named America on a German map in 1507 for explorer/cartographer Amerigo Vespucci who discovered a 'New Wold' (continent). It was not Columbus in 1492 as many believe. His name in Latin, Americus Vespucius (feminine form, America) or credit was possibly given to Richard Ameryk (Amerike in English who was the sponsor of both A.V. and John Cabot' New World second expedition) - therefore "America". It wasen't until the founders revised the name to "The United States of America" in 1776 to represent the formal addition of separate States as one union free of the UK.
I would say that MOST Americans would be offended and would surely violate your personal space if its said to them in person. Just like N*gger, Spick, Ch*nk, G*ok, Banana, Gweilo, Kraut, Jap, Dago, Wop, Ginny, Wetback, DOB, Raghead, Heeb, Paddy, Paki, etc.
I don't know any slang words to call you 'down under' guys except Ozzie or Limey.
However, I normally don't look for ones either for childish name calling.
So... you are OK with Australianian wanker?
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.