Views: 40863|Replies: 174

China Will Always be 100 Years Behind Western Technology   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-29 14:47:54 |Display all floors
I was looking up some Western technology today, such as the awesome F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, the Abrams tank, the Blackhawk and Apache choppers, the railguns, etc.  A revelation occurred to me: the West is just too intelligent and creative for China to ever be able to catch up to and surpass; China will always be 100 years behind the West.  But, it really does not matter:  we can still enjoy life without having to be number one.  Life is still full of pleasure and satisfaction.  So enjoy life. {:soso_e181:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 16:37:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Socks at 2013-5-29 16:39

There are some people who live in a fantasy world and have stated the exact date of 2020 in which China will be at least equal to USA in military technology and might.  They say this with such conviction: 2020, the day of absolute truth where China is on par with NATO.  This is such a silly fantasy.  I would place all my money on a bet that this will never happen.  Maybe some Chinese people would like to take this bet. {:soso_e128:}{:soso_e120:}  I could become very very rich!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-5-29 17:53:36 |Display all floors
When the West have to buy Chinese microchips to Their products... who is ahead?

Military - it is toys. Good to have better than other kids, but... maybe sometimes it is better to invest in books?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 18:19:44 |Display all floors
And this is why the US firms are prohibited from using Chinese chips in military toys.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 18:29:22 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2013-5-29 11:19
And this is why the US firms are prohibited from using Chinese chips in military toys.

Chip made in Taiwan (Main land China ) Same thing
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-29 18:31:08 |Display all floors
100 years behind would have the Chinese airforce flying biplanes and having no tanks because they had not been invented them. You are guilty of exaggeration.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 19:49:24 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2013-5-29 18:29
Chip made in Taiwan (Main land China ) Same thing

TW is NOT the Mainland and most don't consider themselves to be part of China.
But thats a different issue.
They make things for the US as they want continued support (and weapons) to prevent China from invading.
And that is also another issue.

I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.