Author: Socks

China Will Always be 100 Years Behind Western Technology   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-5 18:05:59 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2013-6-5 12:22
No, just an ambassador grandfather whose absolute passion was history. He wrote me letters detaili ...

Good for you.....

Indeed the US benefited greatly from WW2... by not having its industrial base destroyed and acquiring all the benefits of German technological advancement.

It is a credit to the USSR and the communist system, that within twenty years from immeasurable destruction, it could catch up with the US, and and become a force to be reckoned with....
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-5 18:22:32 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2013-6-5 12:30
Of which even extensive digging has revealed no more than 230 cases of.

If you guys think this  ...

Sanitized history..... is a great thing. Mutinies are erased and forgotten, and the victims are attributed to some other event....

I am a pacifist..... because I know war and its evils, so you do not have to explain what went on in Vietnam to me.

Hollywood is where you Americans learn your history from..... and that is your downfall, as it bears little resemblance to reality.

The US....you dipstick, is bound by its constitution not to pursue an empire building program.... so they disguise their intentions into R2P and "humanitarian" wars, but underlying the rhetoric the results are the same.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-5 18:29:16 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2013-6-5 17:46
Minor overruns are common, the F-35 is not a minor over run, and thus bringing it up as an example  ...

Most are nor minor over runs, many original costings increase greatly and a number of projects never work as well as intended.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-5 19:09:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-5 19:15:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-5 19:48:55 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2013-6-5 19:09
Like?

On my end I can point to the Typhoon, Tornado, BAE was also behind major naval projects lik ...

Here is something taken from the BBC website

Watchdog warns of defence project delays and overspending

Major defence projects are being hit by delays and overspend despite government promises to control costs, the Whitehall spending watchdog has warned.

The National Audit Office found costs of the 16 largest projects had risen by £468m and slipped in timescale by 11 years, seven months in the past year.
Labour said "waste and delay" were characteristic of the coalition's equipment programme.
The government said it had got spending on big projects under control.
The overall costs of the projects have risen by a total of £6.6bn and commissions have been delayed overall by 39 years since being ordered, the National Audit Office (NAO)'s annual report on the Ministry of Defence's major equipment projects said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-6 01:25:04 |Display all floors
LaughsatYou Post time: 2013-6-5 19:15
People who make up history are worse. Exaggerate as much as you like, it suits you.

I do not have to pick up a book..... nor watch a Hollywood movie.... I read reports of the events as they unfolded in Vietnam.... I am that old.

Stop harping on about Germany, Japan and S Korea will you? These are vassal states Germany could not deploy troops beyond its borders and neither could Japan.... You can call them what you like, but they were subjugated by the US and its allies.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.