Views: 10517|Replies: 48

Man kept in cage for 11 years in C. China [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-28 14:30:49 |Display all floors
1.jpg

Wu Yuanhong sits inside his cage at his home in Lijiachong village in Ruichang, on May 24, 2013

A mentally ill man has been kept in a cage for more than a decade by his family after he beat a child to death, Chinese media reported Monday, carrying images of him staring blankly though the bars in Ruichang, central China’s Jiangxi Province.

Wu Yuanhong, 42, was shown sitting on blankets in the narrow enclosure, his feet shackled with a heavy chain and wearing only a T-shirt and his underwear.

He was diagnosed as a schizophrenic at the age of 15 and in 2001 he beat a 13-year-old to death, the Information Daily newspaper said on its website.

Judicial authorities in Jiangxi province released him a year later as his illness meant he was not legally responsible for his actions, it said.

No independent confirmation of the circumstances was immediately available to AFP.

Wu was placed in shackles after his release, but his mother Wang Muxiang, built the cage after he escaped and walked around his home village of Shangfan scaring local residents, the report said.

Family members cried as they put him in the cage, the report added, but he escaped again and they were forced to build a stronger structure to hold him.

"My son may be insane, and beat someone to death, but he's still my son. To use my own hands to place him in a cage was very hard to take, like being stabbed with a knife," the paper quoted Wang as saying.

Wang gives her son three meals a day, placing a cloth over the cage and providing a pan when he needs the toilet.

"Every time I delivered food, I would sit at his cage and cry," she reportedly said, adding: "Now my tears are dried up."(From Sina)

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-28 14:48:11 |Display all floors
1.jpg

Wang Muxiang, 74, with her son Wu Yuanhong who has been caged at home for 11 years

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-28 14:49:38 |Display all floors
1.jpg

Shackled: Wu Yuanhong murdered a teenager in his village whiles reportedly suffering an episode of 'psychosis'

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-28 14:50:30 |Display all floors

1.jpg

In 2001, Wu beat to death a 13-year-old boy in the same village. He was released home a year later because he suffered from mental illness

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-28 14:51:19 |Display all floors

1.jpg

Mother Wang Muxiang tried to find someone who would weld her a strong cage for her son. The local blacksmiths refused out of fear the sick man may attack them in revenge if he escaped

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-29 15:44:03 |Display all floors
Somewhere the system is lacking to allow this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 17:15:31 |Display all floors
The psychotic should be treated by relevant departments of China goverment.
The phenomenon reflects the weakness of treatment by the goverment.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.