Author: linda_sun

Why China’s global image plummets?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-31 13:13:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-5-31 13:16
abramicus Post time: 2013-5-31 09:36
Japanese Nikkei dropped another 5% on May 30, 2013, and "recouped" 2.1% today, after having fallen 7 ...

evidence is contrary to what you said.

It is foreign money that has been pushing up the Nikkei the last 6 months..............then who has been selling?

If Nikkei is to go back to where it was 6 months ago, Japan will be no worse off.

and..................despite the yen 30% drop in last 6 months, for a foreign tourist a cup of Japanese tea in Tokyo is still way more expensive than a cup of Chinese tea in Beijing. ......suggesting simply that the yen is still over valued by some measurements.

at the end of the day,

it is morals and civic virtues that will determine the long term outcome.
and Japanese society and Japanese government has ample morals and civic virtue to endure its sucess.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 13:32:07 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-31 11:07
So if the share prices plummet it is worse than when a nation's image abroad goes down the bathtub ...

Silly of you to compare the drop in the Nikkei which is VERY REAL, and your imaginary self-deluding fantasy of China's image plummeting which is UNREAL.

If the Japanese who mass murdered 35 million innocent Chinese men, women and children, and raped repeatedly as a matter of national character and policy, some 200,000 or more women of neighboring countries can be called "civilized", who is not civilized?

Their victims?  Of course not.

Their apologists from the West?  

Yeah, their Neo-Nazi western apologists certainly cannot be called "civilized", not in a million years, even if they managed to change all their DNA in that span of time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 13:41:12 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-5-31 13:32
Silly of you to compare the drop in the Nikkei which is VERY REAL, and your imaginary self-deludin ...

why? the see see pee asks you to go back 70 years ? back to the good old days?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 16:25:11 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-31 15:53
My post seems to have electrified you, Abomicus! I didn't know I could jolt you into a nervous wre ...

"Hordes" of Chinese tourists bringing thousands of dollars to the local businesses is one thing.  HORDES of Japanese rapists and mass murderers, who loot, kill, and burn everything before they leave, is altogether another thing.  Lest you forget history, where did you ever encounter what you call "Sino-Nazi's" in history books?  Aha, trying to invent history?  Good try, that is what your historical societies are supposed to be doing.  But do you know who are the REAL NAZI'S?  And do you know that the Axis of Evil included Nazi Germany, Japan and Italy?  Japan?  Oh no, not Japan again.  

But guess who raised the spectre of Japanese Nazism, but the same fellow who told the Japanese Diet that Japanese law does not recognize the conviction of the Japanese War Criminals at the Tokyo Tribunal of 1946?

If War Criminals are now heroes of modern Japan, why are you not concerned or angry about it at all?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 17:48:17 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-5-31 16:25
"Hordes" of Chinese tourists bringing thousands of dollars to the local businesses is one thing.   ...

It is disgusting and a disgrace.......

Because of see seeped ideology you have to be so disgraceful.........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 00:59:58 |Display all floors
Facilities Post time: 2013-5-31 00:18
"families and schools have failed to deliver to the children something that should be expected fir ...

moral principles and civic virtues".........seems to be in short supply nowadays.

Seneca is ok

You are ok.

Rats.......those never had any.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 01:12:52 |Display all floors
ev'rythin checked for the above survey...and china has a long way to reach that goal to be a global player  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e135:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.