40.00% (6)
20.00% (3)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 15:20:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 16:06:56 |Display all floors
Sorry to say it, but China never had a really good image during the past 100 years. First the world wars, then communism, now human right issues and environmental pollution along with a foreign policy of bullying neighbours and acting childish in supranational discussions... That's simply not sexy.

Before 1911, China was seen as the ancient kingdom with an advanced, gentle culture, free farmers, inspiring philosophies and an appealing way of life close to nature. At the end of the 18th century, China was so en vogure that European artists were inspired by ancient Chinese arts - the Chinese culture was seen as a role model, as a distant dream, as a different way of life.
What is left of that?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-28 16:10:37 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2013-5-28 16:06
Sorry to say it, but China never had a really good image during the past 100 years. First the world  ...

Then you are here to bash China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 16:21:59 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2013-5-28 16:06
Sorry to say it, but China never had a really good image during the past 100 years. First the world  ...

China's image and soft power was the best during the Han, Tang,  Song and Ming dynasties that left cultural imprints on Japan, Korea and Vietnam.  From what we now see of trends in China, no civilization can remain at a high point forever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 16:31:52 |Display all floors
Then you are here to bash China?

No. Much rather to think of ways how to make China more appealing again.
But as I know that we can't actually influence politics in China, perhaps we much rather focus on creating a more appealing culture again:
Nowadays, I feel many Chinese people are so desperate for becoming wealthy that they forget how to become happy. Some would even "rather cry on the back of a BMW (sic!) than smile on a bicycle".
It all comes down to a simple question: How could Chinese people learn how to love life again? How could you, personally, make your life more enjoyable?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 16:33:25 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2013-5-28 16:31
No. Much rather to think of ways how to make China more appealing again.
But as I know that we can ...

Call yourself a scientist?

A disgrace is the truth.

Got a chance to promote green life style, green energy, green technology....you choose to reject and instead choose to be a rat, a sewer rat.

Ego got in your way?
Think you so smart?

Or just plain no moral immoral?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.