Author: desperado123

Why laowai are treated so well in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-10 11:37:19 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-9-10 11:30
Again a refusal to answer directly by fudging around the issue. Look in the Oxford English Diction ...

I don't see any question here or previous post. Weather you think I live in Shanghai or not, makes no difference to me.

What it comes to to the word Café, if you weren't such a tigh ass English teacher, you would have picked up that it was meant as a joke response for you arrogant post.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 11:47:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by mixamixa at 2014-9-10 13:41
futsanglung Post time: 2014-9-10 11:30
Again a refusal to answer directly by fudging around the issue. Look in the Oxford English Diction ...

What was the question? You claim to be native English speaker (and think it is something special) and yet you don't know which words are borrowed into your own language.

Weather you think I live in Shanghai, makes no difference to me.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-9-10 11:59:23 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2014-9-10 11:47
What was the question? You claim to be native English speaker (and think it is something special)  ...

Great, you have made me smile, you have been correcting my English and the make two basic errors in your reply! I do not think I am special by being a native English speaker but i find it odd to be incorrectly corrected by a non native English speaker.

Point one, you can not borrow to, you can borrow from or you could have said borrowed by, actually the word cafe was adopted and modified as I have said.

Point 2, the weather in Shanghai is warm and cloudy today, whether you live in Shanghai or not does have a bearing on you negative comments.

You recently arrived on this forum and have not had one good thing to say about the Chinese people or China in general, if it so bad why do you not put a Finnish to your stay here.

Two of the questions I asked you are why are you so against all things Chinese and why do you not take up an offer to show you that Shanghai has polite people in restaurants, you have ignored both of these questions

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 13:50:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by mixamixa at 2014-9-10 14:11

LOL

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 13:59:44 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-9-10 11:59
Great, you have made me smile, you have been correcting my English and the make two basic errors i ...

Don't worry I'm leaving before Christmas.

There are some good things in China, some of the food, bullet train, competetive delivery industry and some nice scenery. Otherwise I don't understand why would anyone from a Western country wanna live here. My only reason is money. And money is the only reason why the next guy who is replacing me decided to come.

I know UK is pretty bad place to live too, but it is still better than anywhere in China.

A question ends with a question mark, even in English language.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 16:30:59 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2014-9-10 10:59
I don't have enough experience about Germans to make conclusions, but if one would operate a resta ...

I used to be just as upset when Asians don't do it like how it's done in the West...Maybe if you travel more, you'll forgive the Chinese more. After all, they are just being who they are, they're not trying to offend you.

I've hung out with some Germans in the past. If my memory serves me correctly, they said customer service is poor over there, you practically have to beg to get some service.
There is progress whether you are going forward or backward; the thing is to move.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 16:39:07 |Display all floors
skywalk1 Post time: 2014-9-10 16:30
I used to be just as upset when Asians don't do it like how it's done in the West...Maybe if you t ...

We all learn to say hello, thank you and goodbye in kindergarden. Being polite costs nothing

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.