- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 1129 Hour
- Reading permission
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai. Photo: AFP
The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, which opened this week, may hold the new record for the world's tallest hotel building, but there are several other hotels that have breached the 400 metre mark.
All the rooms in the Ritz-Carlton in Hong Kong are to be found on floors with three-digit numbers, and offer a magnificent view of Victoria Harbour and the city's skyline from well over 400 meters up.
The very highest luxury, in a twofold sense, is enjoyed by guests staying in the 415 sq. m Ritz-Carlton Suite on the 117th floor.
A research by Emporis (emporis.com), the international provider of building data, shows that the Park Hyatt Shanghai is located on floors 79 to 93 of the Shanghai World Financial Center, the city's tallest building at a height of 492 meters and a total 101 stories; in Shenzhen, the top 26 floors of the 442 meter tall KK100 are home to a St. Regis-Hotel.
Emporis (国际建筑数据提供商)的一个报告表明柏悦酒店位于上海最高建筑上海环球金融中心(高492m,101层)的79~93层; 深圳,442m的京基100大楼的最上面26层是St.Regis-Hotel酒店所在.
At 355 meters in height, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, supersedes the 22 meters shorter Rose Tower, home to the luxurious Rose Rayhaan by Rotana, as the tallest building solely used as a hotel.
Both skyscrapers are located in Dubai and provide their guests with an impressive view of the world's tallest building, Burj Khalifa.
The Makkah Clock Royal Tower might be the world's second-tallest building, but its Fairmont Hotel only occupies the lower two-thirds of the tower. The top third consists of an enormous clock tower whose face can be seen from as far as 17 km away.
A boom in skyscraper hotel construction is particularly evident in Asian cities - and the future will not see a reduction in the number of sky-high hotels opening there: three of the buildings in the list were only completed in 2012, and further hotels of superlative dimension are already in the starting blocks, among them the controversial Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang.
摩天大楼建设大潮似乎在亚洲城市更加明显 - 将来的建造数量在目前看来也不会减少: 截止2012年下面清单中仅有3成的建造完成,未来更高的建筑已经开始起动,包括有争议的朝鲜平壤酒店.
The 330 meter tall building, which has been under construction since 1986, will not now have the 3,000 rooms originally planned, but, in housing a Kempinski Hotel, will introduce the first western hotel chain to North Korea.
The World's 10 highest hotels are:
1. The Ritz Carlton housed in International Commerce Centre, Hong Kong - 484m - 118 floors - 102-118 hotel floors
2. Park Hyatt housed in Shanghai World Financial Center, Shanghai - 492m - 101 floors - 79-93 hotel floors
3. St. Regis housed in KK100, Shenzhen - 442m - 100 floors - 75- 100 hotel floors
St. Regis ,位于深圳京基100(442m,100层)的75~100层
4. Four Seasons housed in Guangzhou International Finance Center, Guangzhou - 103 floors - 68-103 hotel floors
5. Grand Hyatt housed in Jin Mao Tower, Shanghai - 421m - 88 floors - 51-87 hotel floors
6. Marriott housed in JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, Dubai - 355m- 77 floors - 1-77 hotel floor
Marriott,位于迪拜JW Marriott Marquis Dubai(355m,77层)的1~77层
7. Rose Rayhaan by Rotana housed in Rose Tower, Dubai - 333m - 72 floors- 1-72 hotel floors
Rose Rayhaan by Rotana位于玫瑰塔(333m,72层)的1~72层
8. The Splendor Kaohsiung housed in Tuntex Sky Tower, Kaohsiung - 348m - 85 floors, 1-79 hotel floors
The Splendor Kaohsiung 位于高雄东帝士天空塔(348m,85层)的1~79层
9. InterContinental housed in Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Hotel, Hanoi - 336m - 72 floors- 62-70 hotel floors
10. Fairmont housed in Makkah Clock Royal Tower, Mecca - 601m- 95 floors - 22-60 hotel floors