Views: 9676|Replies: 12

how can i find a job if i come directly to beijing [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-26 20:13:10 |Display all floors
Hi guys

I was in china before, while in working on a vessel. i have been into dalian qingdao and many more. but i like the asian -- most.

So i would like to know if i got chance to get in china what will my oppurtunty to find a job on little jobs like mcdonalds etc. daily you know just live and work for 1-2 months.
The cheapest accomandation etc. in china, hong kong etc. i just want any ideas  from you who working in china as foreigner.

How can i find without any chinese. It will be an advanture but i will try. i am 24 and from turkey by the way

Thanks for any help

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-26 20:38:23 |Display all floors
how about be a chef at a turkish restaurant? there are some in Shanghai and Beijing and north-west china. and why just 1 or 2 month? exclude HKG.
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-4-27 14:44:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-4-27 15:08

You will not have job in McDonalds, etc, because in China expats (foreigners) can be hired by local companies only if their skills are unique and hard (or impossible) to find among local (Chinese) citizens.

Working in "western" restaurant seems to be good idea, if You have cooking skills, or You will find the restaurant who will pay You "for the face".

Hong Kong is NOT cheep to live in.

just across the border, in Shenzhen, You can have simple 1-room apt. for less then 100 USD/month
similar is in other big cities, if You agree to live as the locals

Beijing and Shanghai are probably most expensive places to live, while having a lot of work opportunities.

To work legally in China, while hired by local company You have to have Z-visa BEFORE You come to China, "converting" tourist visa into working visa may not be possible.
Working illegally You risk 5000 RMB fine, deportation and ban for crossing Chinese border again...

Edit: If You are muslim - maybe more opportunities You can find in smaller cities, in the "muslim regions" of China? But be aware that it don't looks like wealthy coastal China...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-27 15:22:34 |Display all floors
just across the border, in Shenzhen, You can have simple 1-room apt. for less then 100 USD/month
similar is in other big cities, if You agree to live as the locals

it is very good idea to feel like a local and live like them. my point is world trip, if i find a job it will be helpful.

i will try to learn chinese little bit,maybe i could try cheap courses as i said it will be an adventure,bet whatever you say. i will stay in china to try my chance. if i fail will try another :)

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-4-27 19:47:50 |Display all floors
tatlisub Post time: 2013-4-27 15:22
it is very good idea to feel like a local and live like them. my point is world trip, if i find a  ...

I wish You good luck

this is great place, and great people here,

but be aware, that China very seriously protects its job market
just avoid problems...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-28 08:28:49 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-4-27 14:44
You will not have job in McDonalds, etc, because in China expats (foreigners) can be hired by local  ...

Good advice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-28 08:30:56 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2013-4-26 20:38
how about be a chef at a turkish restaurant? there are some in Shanghai and Beijing and north-west c ...

Being a Chef requires a lot of training and skill no?

At 24 I think he's just looking for a bit of adventure outside of Turkey

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.