Author: vincent01

Should China abandon its conservative foreign policy?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-4-30 19:54:39 |Display all floors
gooddog Post time: 2013-4-30 02:07
..if you really live in China, then why all the whining about the place you live in. If you keep s ...

As I have said before most things in China are fine, some things are not. Why can I not comment on both things. Show me a person that has no complaints about the place he lives and I will show you a person suffering from delusions

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-30 20:07:16 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-4-29 19:11
That would have to be the case.  Without hukou the kid could not attend normal public schools, unl ...

I've never quite understood the hukou system. I know it was created to prevent a mass exodus from the rural areas to the cities, but in this case my friend came from one large city (Changsha) to another one (Foshan).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-30 20:18:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-4-29 23:24
This was the first time you spoke up  against one of our infamous chinauvinists. Unfortunately, yo ...

We obviously travel in different circles from these chauvinists, for I have heard of Japan's atrocities against other nations from my Chinese colleagues.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-30 20:23:30 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-4-29 23:48
I didn't want to say this before because it might have been offensive but the truth is that U.S. e ...

I can tell you that schools in South Carolina no longer teach cursive handwriting. This is part of the fallout from Bush's "No Child Left Behind" act. The schools are teaching to the tests since the tests are what are being used to measure the school's performance. Since cursive handwriting is not on the test, it is not being taught any more.

We home school our children because the schools here are so bad, and it's worked so far because our oldest is on a full scholarship in pre-med and the next one is well on her way to the same thing (including a National Merit scholarship).

You are correct that the education system in the USA in many places is in trouble, but there are still good schools in the USA. This is perhaps the only advantage of our system where the education priorities and standards are not set nationally.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-30 20:52:06 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-4-30 07:36
Hearing of Japanese crimes against Chinese from the mouths of Chinese friends, workmates or offici ...

Are there any really neutral sources on World War 2? I was talking about hearing about Japan's atrocities against other nations (not just China) from my Chinese colleagues, but I see your point.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-30 20:58:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-4-30 07:49
That is a fact many Chinese have made me aware of by their choice of a U.S. institution of highe ...

Is education a business in China? I thought the universities were run by the government.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-30 23:33:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.