Author: sunnylin01

Differences between China and Japan on post-quake relief   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-25 20:00:41 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-4-26 09:37:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2013-4-25 19:49
sunnylin01 Post time: 2013-4-23 23:23
Do you think China is any different from Japan in post quake relief? What can China learn from Jap ...

I think the Japanese could learn the most important lesson from China.
Do not build nuclear power plants with inferior and now all to obvious design flaws close to a major fault zone.
Would you rather live near in the worst part of the aftermath of this Chinese earthquake you are mocking or
live near the worst part of the aftermath of the Japanese earthquake you are so admiring?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-26 10:05:21 |Display all floors
Japans earthquake aftermath

japan-radiation-fukushima-nuclear-nukes-photo-001.jpg
fukushima-child_2280896b.jpg
Fukushima-meltdown-prevailing-winds1.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't find any photos comparing the radioactive contamination release of the Japan earthquake to that of
the recent China earthquake. Maybe that's because there was on radioactive release in the China earthquake.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-26 10:06:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2013-4-25 18:50

Differences between China and Japan on post-quake relief

The biggest difference in post quake life between these two earthquakes will be how long Fukushima
and the surrounding areas will be radioactive, toxic, and uninhabitable
while all areas involved in the Lushan earthquake are free of such toxins and can be rebuilt and
inhabited immediately.

I'd say Japan has a lot more to learn from China than the other way around.
Rule #1. Do not built substandard and poorly designed nuclear power plants near major fault zones.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-26 10:18:41 |Display all floors
The radioactivity release of the Japan earthquake
Fukushima.jpg
fuk_fifty_000_hkg7897510_1_473.jpg

I still can't find any photos of radioactivity released during the recent earthquake in China.
BECAUSE THERE WAS NONE.

The Japanese have more to learn from China than the Chinese do from Japan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-27 06:30:24 |Display all floors
japan is more orderly because they have to fix their ww2 image, not because they r like that. go back to kanto earthquake in the early 1900s, there was mass chaos and killing chinese for fun. even china helped them out, they invaded china years later with their kwantung army. u can fix manners over time but u cant fix character like how japanese govt keep provoking china over ww2 issues because they r part of the western anti china sphere. theres nothing to compare or learn from japanese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-27 06:41:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.