Views: 6769|Replies: 10

Would China have world's leading newspaper or magazine websites? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-4-6 21:45:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2013-4-6 21:46

When I was a student, I often read "Reference News" for knowing events around the world; I often watched CCTV news reports. Now I often read news reports from websites in U.S.A, in U.K., in Canada, in .... , not "Reference News" or CCTV news.

Do guys in India, in Arabic countries, in African countries learn what happened around the world also from websites in U.S.A, in U.K., in Canada, ... Would they often learn what happened around the world from websites in mainland China?
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-6 22:42:27 |Display all floors
As an American, I grew up watch U.S. corporate news like CNN, Foxnews, MSnbc, Aljeera, CBS, NBC, etc. These "news" was just a continuation of the thieves' founding of this country using powerful private propaganda to inject certain thoughts into the mass in order to control them. I think since China Central TV is a government news elected by people and not money from private corporation, we should look more into that if we want to learn about China or what they think of the world in relation to China's interests.  If you listen to the thieves' news about China, don't expect to hear anything good, because thieves in the U.S. always consider independent country like China an enemy. I don't want our country the U.S. to be enemy with China. I want us to be friend.
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-6 23:11:10 |Display all floors
In Switzerland and Germany, the most important TV station also belongs to the government. So you gotta have good connections to have your stories portrayed there - a huge problem for those democratic countries and in some cases even a source of corruption. And probably one of the reasons why nobody in other parts of the world actually watches Swiss or German news.

Personally, I get most news from US agencies, such as bloomberg, foxnews or the like - or from independant European news papers. They are quite good, because they want to make money. And you make money by reporting those things that people are really interested in.
In addition, I sometimes watch the local state propaganda in China, Switzerland or Germany, too - but I the obvious political agenda of those TV channels is always making any discourse appear rather shallow. It's like watching US military reports from Iraq - those are just as bad. You get a better grasp of the situation if you also turn to Al Jazeera sometimes...
However, I am lucky enough that I can receive all those channels on my TV.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-7 08:01:47 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2013-4-6 23:11
In Switzerland and Germany, the most important TV station also belongs to the government. So you got ...

So while our News mostly don't even give a damn about you guys,
you are pretty much there with our news plus a little bit of local programm.
That is - as long as your Gouvernment is not arresting SWR Journalists, denying them Habeas Corpus.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-7 11:11:39 |Display all floors
Newspaper - not a prayer!

China's approach to a news story is frequently to say "there is a problem, it is under control". However, in-depth reporting is typically absent so you never get to find out what or who caused to problem and the burying of stories is commonplace.

Magazine - no problem if they get the marketing right. But marketing is not a Chinese strong point.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-4-8 06:33:37 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2013-4-6 07:11
In Switzerland and Germany, the most important TV station also belongs to the government. So you got ...

Fox news   This is the lowest form of western propaganda. It's right wing revised news dumbed down for knuckle draggers.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-8 10:24:17 |Display all floors
Why would one care to ask that question?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.