Views: 10796|Replies: 15

400 Million Souls --More than the US Population [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-22 16:15:43 |Display all floors
400 Million Chinese --more than the population of the US....Britain..Germany live on 2 usd a day.  That is less than 13 rmb.
China's youth needs to be more altruistic to realise it's dream.

"Companies are looking for cheaper resources, cheaper land, cheaper labor in the home provinces, like in the rural remote provinces in China," Suki Chung, executive director, Labor Action China.

"Shenzhen is moving up the value chain,"  "A lot of the jobs now that are available at places like Huawei (the telecommunications giant) ... you're seeing a lot of folks who graduated from 'dazhuang,' which is the vocational colleges of China, coming to Shenzhen instead of folks who have dropped out of high school perhaps or just come right off the farm."

As China moves from an export-driven, investment-led economy toward domestic consumption growth, the nation depends on the rising buying power of its workforce.

Still, "400 million people in China still live on less than $2 a day," Schmitz said.

"(China) is going to experience slower growth. Slower growth probably means fewer job," Schmitz said. "I think there are a lot of threats that lie ahead."

Good Luck

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 17:08:29 |Display all floors
You forgot the remainder 900 million that earn more than USD 2 a day and above,
that's 3 times the total population of USA, --- !
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 19:07:08 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2013-3-22 17:08
You forgot the remainder 900 million that earn more than USD 2 a day and above,
that's 3 times the t ...

Why would you call him stupid? Do you prefer to not think about the almost 1/3rd of China doing it tough?

Are you a capitalist running dog that doesn't care about the proletariat?
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 14:26:36 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2013-3-24 19:07
Why would you call him stupid? Do you prefer to not think about the almost 1/3rd of China doing it ...

Why focus on just 1/4 ot the population that are living on less than USD 2 a day ?

The other 3/4 of the population of 900 million that earn more than USD 2 day and higher
that's 3 times the population of USA, therefore it's still a huge market out there
that's why it's still the largest market for cars, luxury goods, cell phones, etc, etc in the world,
it's up to you if you want to ignore these 900 million rich Chinese, but it's just too big a market for
any smart business people to ignore.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 14:32:06 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2013-3-25 14:26
Why focus on just 1/4 ot the population that are living on less than USD 2 a day ?

The other 3/4  ...

"it's up to you if you want to ignore these 900 million rich Chinese, but it's just too big a market for
any smart business people to ignore"

So based on your reasoning, 400 million Chinese are poor because they earn less than 2USD perday, but 900 million are RICH because they earn more than 2 USD per day?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 14:56:30 |Display all floors
A picture tells a thousand words.
Louis-Vuitton-Shanghai-shopping-mall-468x311.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 15:48:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.