Author: 468259058

Would China's train-related industry collapse after the reform? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-3-18 12:42:25 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-3-15 22:14
Were you on some substance?

You've never been to China so stop making up such ridiculous stories.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-3-18 21:31:32 |Display all floors
Today I had a talk with a guy. I said that I supported the reform.
The railway ministry had ever had the police department, the prosecution department, the law court. If anyone had a conflict with departments and companies in railway ministry, he/she would probably be arrested by railway police, prosecuted by railway prosecutors, sentenced in railway law court.
The railway ministry had similiar power like military forces. It isn't fair.
However, I think railway related industry did much better than road related industry.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-3-19 01:47:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-3-18 15:41
I am not so sad. In fact I am much in favour of rail-based people movement. I am sure you agree th ...

I agree with you on most of your comments and I prefer trains to planes, however some routes do not really have a cheap option ( Beijing Shanghai for one ) the high speed services are expensive and cheaper seats are nearly non existent.

I have never worked out why you can buy a seat ticket and not a bed ticket but after the train has left there are beds to be had at an inflated price.

You say Europe's trains are better, obviously you do not use trains in the UK!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-3-19 09:59:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-3-17 23:31
I took thrain K 952 to Guilin North just a few days ago, you wart!

Yeah, and I took the space shuttle to Mars last week.
Just admit the truth for once.
You've never been to China in your life.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-3-19 16:09:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-3-19 11:07
I think Beijing-Shanghai high-speed trains are just a pointer that shows where CHina is heading f ...

The BJ SH sleepers were 11 hours overnight, i.e. leaving 8pm arriving 7am and were popular with business people who could have a full days work either side of a sleep on the train, you can not do that with the high speed. The remaining sleepers sell out in hours showing there is a demand.

Regarding the availability of berths on the sleepers, if you can buy one within half an hour of getting on you can upgrade why can you not buy one 30 mins before it leaves? This can not be down to tickets for later stops in the days of computerized selling of tickets and also you can often buy tickets at earlier stops on the route whereas tickets at stops are not available, Guilin is a great example of this. When upgrading if you add the upgrade cost to the price already paid it often exceeds the ticket value, check this out next time you have to do it.

Regarding Europe, the UK is terrible and this one can not be blamed on Maggie, she did nothing to the railways and the Swiss are complaining about changes to their previously faultless service

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-19 16:17:31 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-3-19 01:47
I agree with you on most of your comments and I prefer trains to planes, however some routes do no ...

Money has to come from somewhere to support the well paid officials!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-19 16:25:56 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-3-19 16:17
Money has to come from somewhere to support the well paid officials!

All the money should be going to return the debts created by the massive expansion

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.