Author: 29042012

The Philippines, a role model for China   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-28 22:51:48 |Display all floors
29042012 Post time: 2013-2-28 22:45
Expatter quote:

"Incorrect! I advocate democracy in China,"

But I am afraid that the current system is not capable of reforming itself, since at some point it has to either abolish itself or agree to share power with other parties.

The question here is whether there has been any change in China over the last 30 years  ...........

And irrespective of what you personally require of China  .........

Would that be a positive YES   .........  ?

Or a negative NO ......... ?  

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-28 23:57:42 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-2-27 19:28
Trotting out ancient pics of Manila's poor neighbourhoods... What is so despicable is that some ch ...
There are still more poor in the whole of China than there are moderately or very rich Chinese in the P.R. of C. Chinese should therefore not be so arrogant and look down on the poor of other countries!

But all of us know you won't leave China for Philippine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-28 23:58:56 |Display all floors
29042012 Post time: 2013-2-27 19:37
I could easily challenge those pictures with similar pictures from China.

I will not do it.

This thread is about how an old wester loser gain benefit from an impoverished Asian country.

The poor country already cured the old man's low self-esteem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-1 00:02:17 |Display all floors
29042012 Post time: 2013-2-28 22:45
Expatter quote:

"Incorrect! I advocate democracy in China,"
But I am afraid that the current system is not capable of reforming itself, since at some point it has to either abolish itself or agree to share power with other parties.

Rudi, China's present system liberated poor people from poverty in huge and massive number.

When the system you're cheerleading is well-known for its poverty-making 'achievement'.

But we also know you love the poor nation, for it already reward you a medicine for your low self-esteem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-1 00:12:03 |Display all floors
If I may ask, how does one feel about Guam? At least Hong Kong and Macau is return to China so How is Guam not returned rightful owner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-1 00:57:37 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-2-28 22:51
The question here is whether there has been any change in China over the last 30 years  ...... ...

Suppose you have met a person 10 years ago, a person, not rich not poor, but you do not like him, because you consider him a bad character.

No, 10 years later, coincidentally you meet that person again, driving a new Ferrari and bosting about his aquired riches.

He then turns to you and ask you:

"Do you like me now ?"
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-1 00:58:46 |Display all floors
I do acknowledge the improvement of China's economy,

but nothing more !
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.