Author: linda_sun

How bad is China's pollution?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-26 19:57:20 |Display all floors
gooddog Post time: 2013-2-26 17:03
There is no question everyone wants a healthier lifestyle, even a 5 years old knows that.  As you  ...

You can not say others do this so we should also do it. I am British and the UK has signed the Kyoto protocol and sticks to it. I also slate the US because they ask others to do what they will not do themselves, I will argue against any country that is in the wrong.

Yes China has spent a lot on environmental issues but more needs to be done.

China needs to develop but as I said before it needs to invest long term not in short term for quick profits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-26 21:53:30 |Display all floors
no pain, no gain and i didnt say that myself; i dont think china just totally ignorin the problem that they have there but YOU already have seen & heard what they're doin now to korrect (that's how okay came along) its environment just sit back & relax  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e113:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-26 22:30:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by changamullah at 2013-2-26 22:31
seneca Post time: 2013-2-26 21:57
Do people have such a short memory that they can't remember last month when Beijing's air was so f ...

Will Gooddog now tell us that Jack Ma (and all the Weibo users who came out in support for his post) is bashing China???

From sinocism:

In another sign that public attitudes are rapidly changing about the environment and the need to take action, Alibaba founder Jack Ma told a conference this week that pollution is steering China towards a cancer crisis (Global Voices):

China's top Internet entrepreneur Ma Yun has warned that no amount of money can protect the rich from China's cancer-causing pollution. His comments resonated with web users, many of whom are already alarmed by the country's toxic combination of air and water contamination and food safety issues.

During the 13th annual meeting of the Yabuli China Entrepreneurs Forum, the founder and CEO of leading Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba, bypassed business opportunities to address China's pollution-linked health problems in his speech. He predicted that cancer will trouble every Chinese family in 10 years.

He also stressed that citizens should be more environmentally aware and should not rely on the government only...

His speech, shared on popular Chinese microblogging site Sina Weibo by Caijing News the day after, made waves among netizens, triggering over 99,136 reposts and 16,676 comments.

Something has to change as exposures of the environmental crises are coming very quickly now. And what are we doing to our children?

(The Sinocism website is blocked but is, IMHO, probably the best news aggregator sent by email - if you want the link to sign up, PM me)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-27 02:43:48 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-2-26 15:04
It would have made better sense to have learned from the mistakes of other industrialized nations  ...

Open information on those data might be in the public interest,
but how was that in any interest for the exclusive and monopolistic special interest group you guys tolerate to be in charge of you?
As long as you guys accept that, so be it.
The Implications and Consequences are you's to live with.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-27 07:25:46 |Display all floors
bad enough for western media to celebrate with jokes, mockery, and daily bashing, hoping the situation would get worst.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-27 07:46:53 |Display all floors
shokenchi Post time: 2013-2-27 07:25
bad enough for western media to celebrate with jokes, mockery, and daily bashing, hoping the situati ...

elaborate.
Got any significant examples to prove your statement?

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-27 08:50:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.