Author: chiengolee

China lost war to Vietnam in 1979   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-25 08:05:50 |Display all floors
shokenchi Post time: 2013-2-25 07:30
us lost to vietnam too.  now us seeking vietnam for help to contain china.

But the real greatness is former enemies can co operate.

That is true greatness.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-25 09:55:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by edisonone at 2013-2-24 18:08
zglobal Post time: 2013-2-24 13:57
Declassified United States government documents leave little doubt that the secret and illegal bo ...

Sounds just about right to me. But, you'll find it a hard sell amongst diehards as Laughing & gang who insists on taking all of the credits and laying all of the discredits on the Chinese instead. You see, they needed a punch bag to throw their dirt at. Who or what better than the Chinese for this scapegoating part.

It's not only Cambodia that's been B-52'ed. Laos was also ravaged and cluster bombs by the McCain French frie regiment. People are still being killed in Laos by bomblets (unexploded cluster bombs) that liters that country with children as among the victims. There were even claims (denied charges) that bio weapons were employed in the war but I'll not go into that anyn further than this. Sensitive and anti-American you know.

Hey, if in doubt about this charge, consult with Hmoonhis who is Laotian and who is a member of this board and who likely had been affected by it first hand.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-25 10:12:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-25 10:14:09 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-25 10:16:47 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-25 12:46:56 |Display all floors
shokenchi Post time: 2013-2-24 15:30
us lost to vietnam too.  now us seeking vietnam for help to contain china.

The scenario is like this:

Remember William Cowen? During GWB's second term, he was dispatched by the GWB admin to break the ice between Vietnam and the US because "the China threat" was more of a priority then than sanctions against a former enemy (I used the term enemy because that was what the case was between Vietnam and the US at the time) - Vietnam!

The message that Cowen brought to Vietnam? My speculation: We (America) will help rebuilt Vietnam just as how we had rebuilt Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, even punny little HK and Macau, if you agree to gang bang the Chinese together with us by acting as our bite dog exactly as how you had allowed yourself to be used as the USSR's bite dog back in the Brezhnev years!

Vietnam was desperate then. American assistance, and assurance, was not a matter of choice, but, the only choice she had against a neighbour with a population a thousand times its size as Vietnam herself are well aware in her war of resistance against America, which ultimately, proved to out last America's war of aggression against that country. Giap knows full well that, if the Chinese, with its endless supply of manpower, had pushed on during the sino-Vietnamese war that China in fact will reach the outskirts of Hanoi in within a month if not in a couple of weeks therefore, in view of the China threat, it was but an opportunity of a lifetime for him to dove at Cowen, gave him the tightest hug Cowen's had ever, and quietly mumured in Cowen's ears: "Friends!".

Within five years of Cowen'st historical and dubbed ice breaking event, "Made in Vietnam T-shirts, pots and pans, suits that sells for a mere 20 bucks USD started emerging in department stores everywhere". The move was to fire up Vietnam's none existent economy so as for Hanoi to earn the needed and necessary hard cash to pay for equipments Vietnam, hence America, needed to deal with China or, at the very least, to give China a run for the money in the arm's arena.

Russian Kilos, Su-27's, other equipments, though in small numbers, started flowing into Vietnam. The purpose: to put pressure on China wherever possible to stop China on it track! China responded with a tactic of her own: She started using economic power to overwealm the US-Vietnamese conspiracy to contain China and, economics is an anomaly that no one can argue with. She invested heavily in Vietnam's infrustructure and she contributed in the inducing of Vietnam's Vietnamese-economic-lifeline. Border talks, which was the very catalysis of the sino-Vietnam war -- started.

I think it was in early 2004, or somewhere in that proximity, that border markers which separated both countries and which was the principle cause of friction, as well as the sino-Vietnamese war, was moved to a mutually agreed upon line of demarcation. The so called Indo China transit\rail link which supposed link China with all of Indo China was inked with the main line running along the Vietnamese panhandle all the way from north to south. A carrot stick China probably gave Vietnam to serve as a noose for Hanoi to eventualy hang itself with.  

The SCS was a problem all its own. It is not associated with the sino-Vietnamese confrontation of the 70's. This (SCS)is where the Americans had taken advantage of -- not only Vietnam -- but all of the little pests in the region and, if it weren't for America's anti-Islamic policies which affected Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei politics, the latter three might have even join ranks with their fellow Indo Chinese neighbours to juggle for ownership of the contested Island along with the Pino boys and with the VC's.

But the real life, the SCS, I'm speculating, is not over the rights of owner of the Islands. It is but rather the sensitivity nature of the "Sanya Naval Base" in the Island of Hainan that the Americans are phobic over and thus are trying to rally the pests in the region to challenge China over it. This was the reason for the incursion, however breiftly, of the EP-3 and of the USS Impeccable into Chinese air space and waters in the South China Sea -- they were looking for new Chinese technologies undergoing tests in the region!

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-25 16:32:13 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.