Views: 28624|Replies: 88

China lost war to Vietnam in 1979   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-21 14:41:40 |Display all floors
{:soso_e128:}In 1979 when Vietnam  fought with combodia at the same china took advantage of vietnam because most it's troops were outside the country and attacked vietnam with 1.2 million troops, 29 days later, china lost that war to vietnam. Vietnam took over Cambodia at the same time Vietnam won war against china. Truely as of today china's power doesn't comparable with United States's power in 1975, how can china has the capability to fight with vietnam.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-21 20:47:32 |Display all floors
id.iot~

that time Vietnam was fighting inside jungles...guerrilla warfare that China and U.S. is not used to fight...they lost because of terrain familiarity as well as farmers turned soldier in split secs~

NOW~ will aerial superiority...1 drop of a bomb can finish off soldiers hiding in the jungle~ plus~ there are roads lead to Capital as well...tanks and transportation are easy~

Vietnam is nothing now~ China or U.S. can annihilate them as when they wanted to~
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 03:04:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by edisonone at 2013-2-21 11:28

How do you know that China lost the war?

I know that the USSR used the situation as propaganda, inflated things even, to rally for anti-Chinese support in the politics of Indo China...

I also know that the Americans used the scenaro as an attempt to save their own face, by exploiting this Russian propaganda, because they can't explain how it is possible that, as a super power, they could have been booted out of that country...

However, if unlike the stupidities of the Americans, or of their Saigon ally, and\or of that of the cold-blooded no different from Pol Pot like regime of the north, Hanoi, who keep sending their boys by the millions to their graves as if the workings in the processing line of some slaughter house, when those kids should instead be in a cool college working towards their futures, or...

if we Chinese don't believe in "NOT" pumping good money after bad into something that won't offer us any benefit anyhow others than the objective attached which say "F'off!" to the VC's that we pull out as promised after having pushed the VC's deep into their own country that it qualifies as a loss for us; then, if under such a case scenario, would you have much rather we Chinese dig in, stayed put, or maybe push further south still -- all the way to Saigon?  We could have done that you know. It's only a dash across the Yunan and Guangxi border and there are hundreds of millions of us to guarantee us that sucesses.  

Sorry to say, we Chinese might be dirt poor but we are not that stupid. We may give Hanoi a slap or two here and there as a message to say "f'Koff!" to their Brezhnev inspired and fanned provocations and stupidities... We much rather work towards achieving the goals that we provened recently than to shoulder the endless costs of having to pump money into that economy to keep it alive as the Americans did the south when it was bogged down there...  

"We much rather keep to the agendas of the gleeming skyscrappers, of the super highways that criss crossing the country, of the space endeavors, and, of the millionairs upon millionairs that we had proven we've acomplished than to march into that agent oranged, cluster bombed, and napalm ridden, God foraken country..".

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 03:31:56 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2013-2-22 03:04
How do you know that China lost the war?

I know that the USSR used the situation as propaganda, i ...

Chinese men love Vietnam.  It is easy for them to purchase a wife there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 04:06:29 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-2-21 11:31
Chinese men love Vietnam.  It is easy for them to purchase a wife there.

I would not joke about them because most are descendants of Chinese who migrated into the panhandle throughout the eons and as such identify themselves as "Vietnamese" rather than connect with the Chinese past their parents\forefathers comth. They are the ones marring into Chinese families inside China. The real Vietnamese are very very anti-Chinese. They do not appreciate us much. I know. I am aqainted with many a Vietnamese who in fact are Chinese. A couple of my nephews took Vietnamese as wives. Both women's roots as associated with those of Cantonese, Yunann, Guangxi, some Hakas.  
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 04:13:01 |Display all floors
i'm also known as or aka alias (ok whatever) youknowhat or nychinatown...my point is that IF i dont mention anythin about viet nam then it shouldnt be mentionin here at all just WHY people love to press my button here cos i was born in saigon (is that it)  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e109:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 07:06:39 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2013-2-22 04:06
I would not joke about them because most are descendants of Chinese who migrated into the panhandl ...

I was not joking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.