Views: 16741|Replies: 46

A boy without beating could not turn to be a talent?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-20 16:01:23 |Display all floors
kid education.jpg

It happens to me when I slide the screen and astonishing photos catch my eyes. That also remind me of the old days when I was a child, I saw the scene in person in my hometown. The naughty boys in countryside tend to be the victims of this "education". There is a proverb in China like "A boy without harsh beating couldn't turn into a talent when he grows up." In other words, Children,especially boys, should be educated by sticks not by sweet treat.

I don't know whether this 'allegation' is reasonable or just a nonsense, but I do know a childhood full with violence is a risky source for his or her family violence.

For us, it turns to be harder and harder to be an eligible parent, sometimes , we don't know what to do is right since we only know what's wrong. Sometimes, we just can't convince ourselves to act as the right "mom" or "dad' since our emotion has taken over ourselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-20 16:02:22 |Display all floors
beating1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-20 16:02:42 |Display all floors
beating.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-21 09:25:57 |Display all floors
Why ,do you beat your baby?

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-2-21 11:35:48 |Display all floors
I believe every person has his or her unique talents. My comment is directed at whether corporal (physical) punishments is necessary or effective versus positive reinforcement (not exactly sweet treats but absence of physical pain).
I can only relate what works for me. First I must say that as youth I am always testing the limits of my physique I guess as I soon learned how to walk, run and talk. A well place swat at my thigh or hands does the trick after so much of warning. If it does not work thn that means going to bed without Television or grounded at home without playing soccer. Both works for me and I guess I may not be exemplary but at least a law abiding citizen.
Unfortunately, the explosion of electronic games among the youth approximate mruder and mayhem with the clickof the button in e-games. This meshed up the mind of the youth so much that not a good whack or sweet treats can take the risks off from the youth being real killers. The news is all over the media. The talent that these youth achieve is instant gratification and total disregard for life at its worst.

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-2-21 11:36:46 |Display all floors
I believe every person has his or her unique talents. My comment is directed at whether corporal (physical) punishments is necessary or effective versus positive reinforcement (not exactly sweet treats but absence of physical pain).
I can only relate what works for me. First I must say that as youth I am always testing the limits of my physique I guess as I soon learned how to walk, run and talk. A well place swat at my thigh or hands does the trick after so much of warning. If it does not work then that means going to bed without Television or grounded at home without playing soccer. Both works for me and I guess I may not be exemplary but at least a law abiding citizen.
Unfortunately, the explosion of electronic games among the youth approximate murder and mayhem with the clickof the button in e-games. This meshed up the mind of the youth so much that not a good whack or sweet treats can take the risks off from the youth being real killers. The news is all over the media. The talent that these youth achieve is instant gratification and total disregard for life at its worst.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-2-21 17:37:26 |Display all floors
I agree with the majority of what Seneca said.  A talent is an inborn or innate ability to do something better than other people, for example music, or painting, dance or writing. While they can be taught there are differences in the level of competence exhibited by someone with "talent" vs someone who has just been taught and does what they do.

Beating children, be it boys or girls brings huge problems with domestic violence. Many studies by universities around the world show that violence is passed on from one generation to another and that brutalising people has little effect on their ability to perform tasks. I can understand the need to smack and chastise children and corporal punishment certainly is required in certain circumstances but it should be used sparingly and when it will do the most good, not as a first resort.

Beating a child because they cannot do something only demonstrates that the parent or teacher is incompetent and that there are massive failings in the methodology used to teach a child how to do something.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.