Views: 10959|Replies: 30

Meteorite crashes in Russia   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-15 16:18:06 |Display all floors

Written by StandTimes Team                                         

(Photo: Science Photo Library via Getty Images)

MOSCOW  (AP) — Fragments of at least one meteorite fell in the Chelyabinsk  region some 1,500 kilometers (930 miles) east of Moscow, causing flashes  in the morning sky and sharp explosions, Russian officials said Friday. The office of the governor of the regrussihere were no immediate confirmed figures or specific reports on damage.
Reports  conflicted on the event: A spokeswoman for Russia's Emergency Ministry,  Irina Rossius, told The Associated Press that there was a meteor  shower, but another ministry spokeswoman, Elena Smirnikh, was quoted by  the Interfax news agency as saying it was a single meteorite.
The  ministry said some fragments fell near the town of Satka, about 200  kilometers (120 miles) from the regional capital city of Chelyabinsk.

http://www.standtimes.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 00:19:24 |Display all floors
LOL.
That's what big countries get from their large land masses.
Why should I have any simpathy with that,
or even get a damn.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 00:59:53 |Display all floors
These meteors really got it in for Siberia huh? Slightly more to the West and they could have saved us all a lot of future trouble...

And Sulla, I sometimes wonder what the world would be like if the one that hit Tunguska in 1908 had hit an European metropolitan area instead of such a distant desolate place.
Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 02:38:19 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2013-2-16 00:19
LOL.
That's what big countries get from their large land masses.
Why should I have any simpathy with ...

Are you suggesting that "big countries" are inhabited by lesser humans?
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 02:53:26 |Display all floors
this time i kno is for real & not from hollywood (saw it on YT)  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e128:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 03:16:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by safaribehn at 2013-2-15 20:28
TheHermit Post time: 2013-2-15 19:38
Are you suggesting that "big countries" are inhabited by lesser humans?

No, he's suggesting that 1500 km east of Moscow there's hardly anyone there (depending on were i struck or exploded). So it's not lesser humans, just less humans.

Seems like it did some damage and injured quite a few people (if only indirectly) though, so it is quite a serious event. And at least gives me an ire feeling considering how small it was.

Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 03:24:41 |Display all floors
safaribehn Post time: 2013-2-16 03:16
No, he's suggesting that 1500 km east of Moscow there's hardly anyone there. So it's not lesser hu ...

That is not what he meant..... LC was suggesting that we should have less sympathy for the inhabitants of bigger countries.

A callus and disgraceful comment, absurd bordering on the obscene...
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.