Author: vincent01

Tens of thousands of Hong Kong residents live in metal cages   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-13 04:42:10 |Display all floors
vincent01 Post time: 2013-2-12 14:26
The widespread poverty is a grim counterpoint to the southern Chinese city's renowned material afflu ...

hey, first time knowing hong kong ? hongkongers living in metal cages is nothing new.  hong kong was a British colony (second longest after india)

btw, victoria peak used to be the residence of only the white men in the days of the british colony, do you know ?  the hongkongers chinese are lucky now that they could buy an apartment and live in victoria peak, a once white men exclusive

What I said, remains.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 04:56:20 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-2-12 22:50
and i was thinkin 'bout travellin to brazil to snap some pictures of the favelas there this summer m ...

no, i m not free this summer to join you ....

nonetheless, hongkong is doing much better after the british left.  i have been to hk during and after the british rule -- a far cry. now hk is so much safer, cleaner, beautiful and her people enjoy a far higher standard of living than in 1996 where crimes are the norm and you hear the police sirens by 10 pm every night

which hk would you rather have ?
What I said, remains.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 08:46:16 |Display all floors
immouse Post time: 2013-2-12 12:56
no, i m not free this summer to join you ....

nonetheless, hongkong is doing much better after th ...

i have been to hk for sooo many occasions nonetheless i dont think i can live there...and where are you if you cant join me for a special trip to central amerika  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-13 08:54:30 |Display all floors
immouse Post time: 2013-2-13 04:42
hey, first time knowing hong kong ? hongkongers living in metal cages is nothing new.  hong kong w ...

"nd largest after India? The US was once a British Colony as was Australia, are they not bigger than HK?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 14:19:40 |Display all floors
Poverty & housing problems are not unique to HK.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 14:24:03 |Display all floors
Even in the West, such problems do exist.
NoJobNoClothes.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 14:27:40 |Display all floors
Even in the West such problems do exist.
Living in metal cages are better than living out in the street.
homeless1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.