Views: 7780|Replies: 7

Education for the future [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-4 13:35:44 |Display all floors
CONTRIBUTE
Story Ideas
Send Corrections
EAST MARLBOROUGH — The eighth graders at Charles F. Patton Middle School could be getting a technological leg up starting next year.

Earlier this month, Unionville-Chadds Ford technology director Rich Hug, accompanied by Patton technology teachers John Walsh and Robin Martin, gave a presentation to the school board on equipping every eight grader with an iPad mini.

Hug said they created the proposal because of their belief in preparing their students for both higher education and the workplace.

“They need to gain and hone their twenty-first century skills – creativity, organization, adaptability, fluency in technology,” Hug said. “Those are skills that make Americans great and give them an edge globally.”

Called “Teaching and Learning with Technology,” Hug said his proposal included the already successful pilots of mobile device usage already underway.

“And we have more on the drawing board. We have multiple requests for mobile devices through the buildings, PTOs and UCF Education Foundation,” he said. “We talked about how this will continue and this project will bring these efforts together.”

Hug said that both teachers and students should have 24/7 access to the range of resources available today to enhance education.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-4 13:49:46 |Display all floors
IPads in every school?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-4 18:41:56 |Display all floors
It is already happening..

But as the knowledge accumulating, we will need a chip in the brain, otherwise there will be no great minds making great discoveries in the future..
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. --JKR

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-4 18:55:17 |Display all floors

IPads and Khan Academy will help America leap frog the world.

in schools in Malaysia, they don't even let you carry hand phones.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-4 18:57:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-2-4 18:54
ipads and computers in every school - not my cup of tea. It is an abomination that moves kids ever f ...

iPads and Khan academy will free schools and teachers to do what they want to do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-5 17:54:44 |Display all floors
Next question.....

Anyone thinks American education is a bad as it seems?

As for me.....I think it is almost impossible for anyone to be as bad as Malaysian schools.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-5 22:03:12 |Display all floors
  1. creativity, organization, adaptability, fluency in technology
Copy code
in other words: performant (organization, fluency)  little branwashed(fluency in technology) consummers who will make their boss earn a lot of money or create new weapon to destroy humanity (creativity) ,accept to be treated like sht fired and hired and fired (adaptability),

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.