Author: zglobal

APPLE BACK TO U.S.A?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-28 17:27:53 |Display all floors
lots of companies from US are owned by Chinese anyway, so what apple trying to do will not influence other US companies..and those that move back will lose competitive edge and then seek Chinese companies to take over like in the past...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 18:34:54 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2013-1-28 18:44:58 |Display all floors
I find the last sentence most revealing:

But it seems like a mixed blessing that the U.S. is becoming as attractive as China for the lowest tier of jobs in the PC production line

While China is constantly climbing up the production chain ladder ( more and more high tech jobs) the U.S. wants really to compete with the lower end? This says quite a lot about the state of the union......   

Gosh, how the world is changing rapidly.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 18:58:45 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2013-1-28 19:24:17 |Display all floors
I'm not sure whether this will hurt China. To be precise, I doubt it. A shift in manufacturing is imminent and will continue over the next years. In the low segment China has already now more jobs to offer than persons to fill the jobs. Corruption is a problem but the present admin is doing everything in it's power to weed out the most harmful pests. Corruption is also a problem in other countries and I doubt it can be erased completely. Corruption is a basic behavior of the human race, regardless whether it's the U.S., India or China. The fairy tale story about trillions in corruption is a no-brainer because it's simply not possible. Whoever did spread this number is a "maths genius". I wont waste any time of arguing about this figure but I said before even Gordon Chang and the "Epoch Times" did not take the bait.

Please give me evidence about social programs ending(!!!)  in corruption. Just name the programs and the volume of embezzlement.  China is aware that economic success was not spread evenly but name me any country where it is nowadays evenly spread. Also, an unbalanced development is quite normal for a developing country. China is, after all, still on the way to full development and this cannot be achieved in only a few years. One can argue that something had better started earlier but you know the saying, better later than never. I am very confident about China's development and I'm also confident that she can achieve the no. 1 position in world economy by 2020 at the latest.

Wait and see, we will both, if providence is kind to us, see it happen!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 19:35:40 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2013-1-28 19:49:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by satsu_jin at 2013-1-28 21:00

On a whole new scale? Maybe but not in the trillions or do you really believe that CNY were taken out and changed on the black market in trillions? This is a real bs story for elementary grade pupils. Tell me where and how the money was brought out of the country and MOST IMPORTANTLY - who changed the RMB into Forex? Unfortunately I'm not falling for nonsense, never did, never will. To get the perspective right, I'm well aware that perhaps billions were embezzled and I do not want to cover it up but as a rational person I just don't take the fairy tale of trillions for real.

I find you comment about the still in power leadership to be recipients borderline - to say the least. Accused without evidence. That's your democracy???

Are you serious to accuse me of parroting party rhetoric just because I state facts and no wishful thinking of the 'system changers'. Tough luck , the world is not as simple as some wish it to be.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.