Views: 6618|Replies: 31

Indian gang rape kills woman [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-12-29 16:12:43 |Display all floors
It seems a few of our Indian posters here who always try to denigrate China, the CPC, and Chinese society
would spend their time in better ways.
Like concerning themselves with the welfare of Indian women in India.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gawker.com
Woman at Center of India’s Gang-Rape Scandal Dies in Hospital
Neetzan Zimmerman   

The 23-year-old woman who was savagely gang-raped by a group of men aboard a bus in South Delhi died early Saturday morning at a hospital in Singapore.

The victim — nicknamed "India's Daughter" by the local press — had undergone three operations in a Delhi hospital before
being flown to Singapore for additional treatment.

Sadly, she remained in extremely critical condition since being admitted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital, and eventually
succumbed to severe physical trauma.

The gang rape which led to the woman's fatal injuries occurred on December 16th in the Indian capital.

The woman and a male friend, returning home from seeing the Life of Pi, boarded a nearly empty public bus and were
confronted by six drunk men who proceeded to beat them both.

The men raped the woman for an hour, and at one point reportedly inserted an iron rod into her body, which caused
massive internal damage.

The two victims were eventually stripped naked and thrown from the still-moving bus.

Police later apprehended six men in connection with the attack.

News of the horrific crime led to daily demonstrations and calls for stricter sexual assault laws in a country where
violence against women is rampant and often unreported.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-29 18:10:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-29 18:35:53 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-29 19:01:05 |Display all floors
Robert, I know you started this thread. Rape happens everywhere. What is the big fuss about. Delhi has a population of 7 million plus, 700 rape cases a year is nothing compared to its population size.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-29 19:08:19 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2012-12-29 19:01
Robert, I know you started this thread. Rape happens everywhere. What is the big fuss about. Delhi h ...

What is the big fuss?

Ask that to a rape victim.

Rape is everywhere but we should not treat it as a fact of life.

We have to keep working to find solutions to prevent tragedies.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-29 19:10:41 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-29 16:08
What is the big fuss?

Ask that to a rape victim.

No ! Rape is not limited to country or ethnicity as the 2 cent brain posters are posting above me. Its a social crime that society needs to tackle together. The rapist have been nabbed and will be sentenced to death. Delhi has a population of 7 million and the city had become increasingly better than it was before. We all need to find a solution to it. But do you agree with the OP and the 2 cent poster below him that rape is an identity of a certain ethnicity ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-29 19:13:43 |Display all floors
To tackle rapists, corrupts, inefficient ones at higher posts, India needs cultural revolution of it's own which has to pave way for rapid inclusive growth.
你好 / 您好,
请问 。。。。。... Could these discussions lead to any direct action?  at least conferencing ... 会议     。。。。。 谢谢再见。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.