Author: LUCY2013

the importance in learning english in china   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-2 01:21:20 |Display all floors
thanks for the reality check, exportedkiwi. it's true, there are racist people everywhere.
i'm just so appalled whenever i come across such remarks. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 01:37:25 |Display all floors
ohtiticaca Post time: 2013-1-2 00:21
thanks for the reality check, exportedkiwi. it's true, there are racist people everywhere.
i'm just ...

Nobody likes such remarks. We are constantly called derogatory things here like anglos, white trash and so on.
You learn to grow a thick skin and fight the bastards back. If we sit by and allow such things, we are equally as guilty of allow the perpetuation of such racism but beware because to them, we are the racists, not them!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 08:22:17 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 08:23:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 10:59:32 |Display all floors
tristan.liu Post time: 2013-1-2 00:12
I learn English because I love it . it doesn't matter with looking up to whites , I agree you opin ...

The difference is that westerners learn Chinese culture for knowledge and they have no intention to become like Chinese. It's the other way round for Chinese learning English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-3 09:14:20 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2012-12-27 16:55
China isn't another colony of Britain, so there's no true need to learn English there.

English in C ...

You are 101% right, soon the Chinese are going to find out that opening the door to wide for western foreigners they will pay a price. Mao would be turning over in his grave.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-3 10:19:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Prometheus2 at 2013-1-3 10:22
zeewijk13 Post time: 2013-1-3 09:14
You are 101% right, soon the Chinese are going to find out that opening the door to wide for weste ...

"101%" lol.

"soon the Chinese are going to find out that opening the door to wide for western foreigners they will pay a price."

The best of China has been seen when it has been open and not closed. When it has been closed in the past it has stagnated or caused atrocities like Mao's reign to run unchecked. Being open to the world allows one to learn from others and contribute to the learning of others. Much of China's success in the past 30 years has come directly as a result of opening up and alllowing foreigners in to invest and spread technology and learning. If you want to go back to the stagnation or the starvation and terror of being closed then too bad because I think most of China doesn't.

The importance on learning another language is as important as learning geography or history etc. It opens your world view and allows you to think and appreciate things differently.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.