Author: LUCY2013

the importance in learning english in china   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-1 23:13:17 |Display all floors
In fact,It is a tough nut to crack for us to master an authentic english..Which need a sort language environment to drill our english..In China,what we learned in school aims at smoothly pass the appointed exam..As for me,the mark of my university entrance exam is only 78..after have been admitted by university and I embarked on study english,of course,which stemmed from my personal interest and in my freshman year,I found out that my leisure time was so much except finished my appointed class and I told myself that I must make the most of superfluous time to do something meaningful rather than to loiter my time away..So,I pick up my english book again..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 00:12:49 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2012-12-27 16:55
China isn't another colony of Britain, so there's no true need to learn English there.

English in C ...

I learn English because I love it . it doesn't matter with looking up to whites , I agree you opinion which the whites gathered their wealth by steeling, murdering..., especially looking back to the early 21th century what the war happened in  china.
But we have to admit that the people from the western countries have high quality life , we want to live like that , the language is the most important thing we can use to learn their culture . it's the same thing with that they want learn our, as we have the long history.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 00:37:45 |Display all floors
omg! i can't believe the level of bigotry here!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 00:50:05 |Display all floors
i was referring to the comments made by jiayangguizi8 in particular. is that what people in china think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 00:58:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by exportedkiwi at 2013-1-2 00:00
ohtiticaca Post time: 2013-1-1 23:50
i was referring to the comments made by jiayangguizi8 in particular. is that what people in china th ...

Nothing any of our so called "Chinese" friends here say can ever be what ALL Chinese folks think although there are some genuinely good ones amongst them. You'll find out who they are eventually, should you stick around. The same can be said for Americans, or British, or Australian or Kiwi's.
Welcome to the "pit".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 01:00:53 |Display all floors
learning another language, english or not, is always a good thing... it enriches your understanding of the world and other cultures. surely one does not pick up a skill just for the sake of higher pay or a better job...

most cultures in the world (chinese included) have pillaged and plundered at some point in their history... hate-filled sweeping statements about entire groups of people are not helpful at all...

in fact, the whole concept of race is incredibly archaic and old fashioned...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 01:08:23 |Display all floors
ohtiticaca Post time: 2013-1-2 00:00
learning another language, english or not, is always a good thing... it enriches your understanding  ...

As I said, welcome to the pit and FYI, it's mostly the so called Chinese (many of whom we doubt are actually Chinese and even fewer who actually live in China) who make such sweeping generalizations.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.