Views: 6553|Replies: 1

用语言逻辑来看:put to, ask, importance, concern [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-22 20:46:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 作英语的主人 at 2012-12-24 09:10

The mind of language has language to be multi-dimensional logic and will revolutionize and replace the meaning and analysis of the language in grammar and linguistics in which it(= language) is to be flattened.

1. on [to put to]
to put a question to / before / to be considered by someone

"I think he likes her."
"If you ask me, he's in love." =If you ask it which is from / in relation to/ connected with me

此处翻译成“如你问我”离开原始意涵太远。
【试译】你若要问这件由我定调的事的话,我的答案是他恋爱了。

"Where's Tom?"
"Don't ask me." = "I am not the man from /  in relation to / connected with which it is made. So much so, don't ask me."
要补上这一段 ellipsis 它藏在英美人的骨髓里,不能讲出来,因为,人知己知。但对国人来说,你必须要讲出来。因为,
我们没有英文的骨髓。但是我们有英文的“文心”。如同我们有“文心雕龙”但英美人不认为语言中有文心。
若我们也学英美人的语言文化-----绝对的不可以把ellipsis 从口中给说出来。那印在我们心版上的英文绝非人家的原文,
成为白话文所创造的新语言。我们没有ellipsis语言的忌讳文化,可以好好的掏出心来跟英文来印心。

2. on [to make a request for someoen to do something]

She asked [(me) for a drink]. = She asked [me for making a drinkShe asked [me as a help to making a drink].
He asked [my advice]. = He asked [me for making an advice].
He asked [her to wake him at 6 o'clock].

Our call [for new suggestions] evoked very little response.
= Our call [them for making new suggestions] evoked a few to do in response to it.

3. of importance / important
Privacy is of importance / important to her.

(The mind of "privacy is of importance" is in connection with her.)

Because the text rephrased in this way: She attaches importance to privacy.
here, the "to" is opposite to the "to" in "to her" and the mind of "she attaches importance" is "towards" or "unto" / "attending on" / "to be / go with"

In "I am deeply attached to this old car.", the "to" shows "in connection with" is the same as the "to" in "to her".  

4. concern
In "It isn't your problem----(you) don't concern yourself with it."
(The mind of "you don't concern yourself" is "in the presence of" it and it is dominator to your concern.)

In "I am worried about your school work, said the teacher. Your private life isn't my concern. "
(The mind of "my concern" shows "towards" / "in a direction of" and is opposite to the "concern" in "concern yourself" and my concern is dominator to your private life. )
= The teacher attaches unimportance to that life.

英文的字,词,句子都有一颗“文心”,若不能领会其“心”之所向,那就不可能跟原文“印心”啦。

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2012-12-24 12:22:51 |Display all floors
把简单的语言复杂化,再胡言乱语一番,有何逻辑可言?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.