Views: 96461|Replies: 737

Horrific shooting at US primary school - 27 dead   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-15 02:41:39 |Display all floors

As many as 27 people have been killed, including many children, in a shooting attack at a primary school in the US state of Connecticut, US media say.

At least 18 children are among the dead at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, the Associated Press reported.
        Earlier, the gunman was reported to have been killed and at least three people were taken to hospital.
        A news conference is imminent and the state Governor Dannell Malloy is on his way.
        Police arrived at the school soon after 09:40 local time (14:40 GMT), answering reports that a gunman was in the school's main office and one person had "numerous gunshot wounds".
        Scores of officers at the scene carried out a full search of the site.
        Schools across the district were immediately on lock-down as a preventive measure, officials said.
        With the death toll rising, it emerged that one entire classroom of students may remain unaccounted for, local sources reported.
        Meanwhile, the three people who have been taken to hospital are in "very serious condition", Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton told CNN.

One witness speaking to CNN said that shots were heard coming from the hall. There "must have been 100 rounds" fired, she told the channel.
        Local media have reported that firefighters instructed children to close their eyes and run past the school's office as they exited the building.
        Other sources suggest that some of the shots were fired in a school classroom.
        According to CNN, the shooter's body was in one of the school's classrooms.
        There were unconfirmed reports of two shooters, according to a report in the local Hartford Courant newspaper.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-15 02:47:16 |Display all floors
These are elementary school children, 10 y.o. and less, what have they done to deserve that?
I see the pictures, I see them crying, frightened, distressed...
There are so many unhinged, violent psychopaths in USofA, the country really need to revisit its gun laws.

Question is, why do these USAnian psychopaths all have guns.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-15 02:50:04 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2012-12-14 23:47
These are elementary school children, 10 y.o. and less, what have they done to deserve that?
I see t ...

My sympathies with them Cestmoi. May be its time to change their gun laws.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-15 02:57:19 |Display all floors
its kinda very normal for Amerikkan to do that...we heard it many times...it became normal to us to know  that Amerikkan do such things~
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-15 03:10:23 |Display all floors
yes i heard i heard and it's sooo sad i kno i wont be in any spirit for this holiday season along with the victim families  {:soso_e109:}{:soso_e109:}{:soso_e109:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-12-15 03:24:42 |Display all floors
This is what happens when a society worships their right to bear arms.
We can thank the insane American organization, the NRA for their hand in these tragedies.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-12-15 03:25:12 |Display all floors
My wife from China tells me that China is so much safer.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.