Author: jackieyao2012

China’s higher education problem   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-11 02:29:00 |Display all floors
007fish Post time: 2012-12-11 01:52
it is not our fault ,what we can do on campus is to achieve high score so that we can get a good job ...

And yours is one of the few intelligent comments in this thread .........

I will try and place some time for this tomorrow ..........         

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 03:25:07 |Display all floors
it is not our fault ,what we can do on campus is to achieve high score so that we can get a good job .we have no working experience before work and we gain experience by working after finishing our study,education reform should be no the way

Would it possible for you to do an exchange term at another university in China or abraod? Or perhaps do an intenrship for one term, before going on studying?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 04:45:09 |Display all floors
y'all missin some vital infor here...i'm not a walkin encyclopedia nor wikipedia  {:soso_e135:}{:soso_e120:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2012-12-11 08:36:46 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-12-10 11:18
Obedient students makes good workers.

Speaking as an employer in China I disagree, many Chinese students get very high qualifications and only learn how to pass exams. This often does not make for a good employee as many Chinese students are unable to think for themselves and have to be led all the way.

Personally I would sooner employ someone with a lower education that is able to think for themselves and is able to work under their own initiative than some one with a top degree that only knows how to pass exams.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2012-12-11 08:42:58 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-12-9 20:34
To be bent over their books for protracted periods of time is not really being "diligent". It is on ...

This is worrying!!!! I find myself agreeing with most of what Seneca is saying, that's a first!!!!

Many Chinese student get degrees in areas where they will have difficulty finding a job, on attending the Talent Market in Shanghai recently looking for a book-keeper/ accountant we were inundated with over 40 applicants in 4 hours, all of whom had graduated from good universities. There are too many people graduating in certain areas whilst it is difficult to find people in other areas, more thought needs to be into what courses people go on in the future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 10:38:45 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-12-11 03:25
Would it possible for you to do an exchange term at another university in China or abraod? Or perh ...

thank you for your inviting .I will graduate from a medical university in half a year,my mind is really simple,I just wander a steady job after my five years studying

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 14:30:24 |Display all floors
I don't consider the education system is can be  reformed easiesly.Althoug there are  many problems in China,some shools also try their best to change the situation.It needs a long term to solve the problem with bright future,

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.