Author: expatter

Democracy the Most Important Thing?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-30 13:27:57 |Display all floors
honkam Post time: 2012-11-30 12:17
There is no drugs or therapy of any kind in the world, that can help him.

When people like Revo  ...

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-30 13:29:08 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2012-11-30 12:44
You have "tolerated corruptions, cronies, incestuous relationships, and the jailing of dissidents" ...

Unfortunately that would seem to be the truth  ..........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-30 13:30:23 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-11-30 13:20
Disappointments and fulfillments are two sides of the same coin.

Democracy spread the disappointm ...

Oh  ........  !

Is that like the 1% in the US where they have all the money and the prolls get the excuses  ........   

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-11-30 13:57:36 |Display all floors
The USA is now  third world country

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-30 14:08:26 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-30 13:17
So true and in Greece and in Rome democracy was led by those who could bribe the plebs their way a ...

Excessive wealth in the hands of the few is deleterious to any political system.

In the modern world the bribe has not entirely disappeared.... I was in Thailand once during the elections, and to my surprise, people in the country side expected money through the post for their vote. In a relatively poor country, where the overwhelming majority is poorly educated, and totally preoccupied with the necessities of life, government policy counts for very little.

There can be no democracy where great wealth disparity exists.

Chomsky is an intellectual giant... great book....
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-30 14:33:32 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-30 13:26
Case in point  ........

The Brotherhood is a religious block vote led by an unelected oligarchy o ...

Your hatred and salty's hatred for Muslim brotherhood is well known and famous.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-30 14:34:44 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-30 13:30
Oh  ........  !

The1% in America tried to buy themselves a Rombley President and failed.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.