Views: 6090|Replies: 9

HELP! China and Japan dispute over the Diaoyu Islands [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-29 09:55:36 |Display all floors

Hi everyone,

I am doing a Media project (grouppresentation) at University about the dispute between China and Japan over the Diaoyu Islands and I would like to ask you guys a few quick questions and get your opinions.

• How have China covered the island dispute and what is your opinion of it?

• What does China media lack in its coverage?

• How is China covering the dispute in general? Would you say that the coverage is fair?         

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you very much for yourtime and I look forward to your reply.

Andrew

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 11:21:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by waiboshu at 2012-11-29 12:45

Diaoyu Island belongs to China, it's a principle which can't be questioned. It's also the bottom line of Chinese media.

Chinese people are very sensitive on territory issue for the historical sense of humiliation. I

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 17:59:41 |Display all floors
You are possibly better off just doing your own media search & review.

Asking the question here will just leave you open to a flood of personal opinion. Although that in itself might be informative!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 19:46:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 19:50:23 |Display all floors
search for this thread in the past record...i think its still there~
u will get lotsa information and arguments from forumites there~
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 19:51:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 20:09:43 |Display all floors
waiboshu Post time: 2012-11-29 11:21
Diaoyu Island belongs to China, it's a principle which can't be questioned. It's also the bottom lin ...

The Chinese media is an instrument of the CPC. The CPC's primary goal is maintaining its power, wealth and privilege. One of the ways it does this is by increasing nationalism and creating an 'enemy' for the Chinese to band together behind the CPC. Chinese are continually told about how the islands are sacred Chinese territory etc. This combined with years of learning about Japan's previous abuses during WW2 and constant news about the CPC 'resolutely safeguarding these sacred islands against the Japanese means the CPC's goal of maintaing its power, wealth and privilege can continue for a while longer. Its like any advertising what the CPC does, create a problem and be the ones who are seen to fix it. So in a short answer, the coverage is completely one-sided.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.