Views: 5818|Replies: 13

Would you like to share your cross-cultural experiences? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-26 21:19:36 |Display all floors
For example, my EAP skill tutor is an Australian,and she is very happy to live in China meanly because she feels she is safe in China.

And, One of my friend study at UK said those foods there are terrible.

Well, would you like to share your cross-cultural experiences with each other? Maybe we'll know more about others culture, thus, be more tolerant to those difference.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-11-28 12:08:12 |Display all floors
Australia sucks.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2012-11-28 20:47:49 |Display all floors
Saying all the food in the UK is bad is the same as saying that all Chinese food is bad. Have they tried all the food in the UK?
I can take you to place that serve good food and places that serve bad food in both the UK and China, some people say that they do not like any food that they are not familiar with.

Having spent the last 15 years moving between the UK and China the cultural differences I have found would fill a book but the most annoying is that in China people crowd the doors of the Metro or the bus before people get off making it difficult, this does not happen in the UK.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-2 18:22:07 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2012-11-28 12:08
Australia sucks.

Actually my father wang to move to Australia when he don't need to work. He said there was a good place for old people. I think there must a beautiful place.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-2 18:28:28 |Display all floors
takebomb Post time: 2012-12-2 18:22
Actually my father wang to move to Australia when he don't need to work. He said there was a good  ...

May be a nice place for you and your father, but not for me. I am happy he loves Australia. Which city is he in?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-2 18:31:32 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2012-11-28 20:47
Saying all the food in the UK is bad is the same as saying that all Chinese food is bad. Have they t ...

Yes, so called prejudice. I can tell that most chinese are kind, but it seems we still need a lot work on learning public behaviours.
However, I still wondered what is the best food in UK?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-2 18:42:35 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2012-12-2 18:28
May be a nice place for you and your father, but not for me. I am happy he loves Australia. Which  ...

He traveled to Sydney several years ago and brought some coins back. Maybe a traveller's view can find the beauty below the ordinary life?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.