Author: ttt222

Int'l Day for Elimination of Violence against Women marked in LatAm   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-7 15:56:22 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-6 21:19
You're right.

Its so wrong to even make it a topic for discussion, let alone conduct studies and  ...
You're right.

Its so wrong to even make it a topic for discussion, let alone conduct studies and reports.

We don't have problems with gender violence.  That shelter I lived in run by project woman - just a femi-nazi organization and all the women there were just liars.  Nothing scientific about their bruises and broken bones.

All the girls I know that have been raped and/ or beat up - is just all bullcrap.  It doesn't really happen.  Men don't do these things and if they do, they have a damn good reason.

Nothing at all to worry about and no one should bother themselves to even look into these kinds of issues.

Just a bunch of femi-nazis who don't know there place in the world.

And people like Angela Merkel?  Why isn't she in the kitchen?  Who the hell does she think she is?  Trying to be a man or something?  lol

We are not equal nor should never even pursue it.  Women should know there place and just stop making up stories about abuse or maltreatment.

what's your problem with trying to properly understand the issue with good epidemiology?

heart attacks usually cause severe chest pain

it's so obvious nobody should study it, right?

so, as it is so obvious, let's make sure that everyone, by law, with severe chest pain is given heart attack treatment

see, easy
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-7 16:06:33 |Display all floors
your problem is that you cannot accept that a real problem like violence against women deserves the best scrutiny to determine the best interventions

horses for courses

so, what are you worried about? Did anyone argue that violence against women does not exist? Or is there something troubling about the idea of applying intellectual rigor to the problem?

if your solution is legislative hammer, then everything looks like a nail, criminalising behaviour that could be dealt with by social service and public health interventions.

that's a big deal when you are talking international law

you only need to look at what has happened to the UK with EU human rights legislation to see what is coming if you let these people steer the ship

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-7 19:49:08 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-12-7 16:06
your problem is that you cannot accept that a real problem like violence against women deserves the  ...

My problem is your obvious bias against feminism.  We have a legitimate topic, but your feelings about so-called feminists is keeping any real intelligent conversation from even happening.

So its your intentions.  I will not believe you are really just wanting to 'understand'.  

It was the same with the talk about prostitution.  

Your goal seems to be to attack feminism rather than to discuss the topic.

What is really hilarious is how grb thought that this topic would upset muslims, but its people like you getting all up in arms about it.  Very telling indeed.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-7 19:57:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lebeast at 2012-12-7 22:02
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-7 21:49
My problem is your obvious bias against feminism.  We have a legitimate topic, but your feelings a ...

actually you have two problems

you don't understand scientific method, which is sad. University level sociology here is less disadvantaged, it seems.

the second issue is mistaking my bias for one against feminism, when it is against radical feminism.

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-7 20:06:07 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-12-7 19:57
actually you have two problems

you don't understand scientific method, which is sad. University l ...

I do understand the scientific method.  I just don't need the scientific method to prove there is a problem.  I've lived it.  I have ears & eyes.

So tell me, if a 'radical' feminism group came out against gay marriage or something that you normally stand for - would you feel compelled to take the other side of the argument just so you wouldn't be 'siding' with the radicals?

You really seem to be threatened by this group.

Things that pretty much ALL women agree on, you consider a 'radical feminist' charge.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-7 20:11:07 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-7 22:06
I do understand the scientific method.  I just don't need the scientific method to prove there is  ...
I've lived it.  I have ears & eyes.

you've lived it. I deal with it every week. And violence in general, for that matter.

I am against gay marriage as there is a legal equivalent and the agenda is not about rights.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-7 20:14:22 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-12-7 20:11
you've lived it. I deal with it every week. And violence in general, for that matter.

I am agai ...

That 'legal equivalent' does not carry the same respect as marriage in our society.

Its even worse than the highschool diploma vs. the G.E.D. in terms of differences in respect and how we view it.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.