Author: ttt222

Int'l Day for Elimination of Violence against Women marked in LatAm   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-6 18:22:14 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-6 19:44
Yep.  We're all equal.

Its silly to suggest that man would abuse his power.  We just don't have a ...
Where is the scientific evidence?

believe it or not, there is a concerted effort to understand ourselves and what we do on a much grander scale than a minor wedge of sociology and politics

kids pick on each other, much as herding or pack animals, birds, fish do. I'd be surprised if plants don't have their own version, not observable in human timescale.

We are not all equal. We are different.

Most people want great. But we are not all great. And no equality law will make us all great. But it can make a vast number of us mediocre, and then bring us all down, on average, to less than mediocre, and for the benefit of who?

Is that not a travesty against those that would be good or great, but for a law which renders all "equal"?

The problem is the word "equal". It is too encompassing.

However, most of us deserve certain rights, which should be rigorously considered. But "equal" is a fiction, best left to politicians, who perhaps benefit the most from such a concept, and they are certainly not as "equal" as you or I.

The right to live, maybe the most central human right, is sorely contested when you are dealing with a serial child molesting murderer, who has done it again and again, with no remorse.

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-6 18:24:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lebeast at 2012-12-6 20:26

hence even a human right which should be more absolute than most, is so much more difficult to defend, when applied to a person who has no respect for that right
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-6 18:28:53 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-12-6 18:22
believe it or not, there is a concerted effort to understand ourselves and what we do on a much  ...

Well I think in terms of gender equality - it really just means having the same respect and being recognized as a human being.

People used to think it was okay to have slaves.  We're all not equal.  Africans surely don't feel pain or have the same intellect as others.  That used to be a predominant thought.  

Someday, much of the BS that surrounds sexism will also be a thing in the past.  It just takes longer than race equality.  Women didn't get the right to vote in the US until 60 years after they gave voting rights to freed slaves.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-6 18:44:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lebeast at 2012-12-6 20:44
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-6 20:16
Yeah....no reason to listen to a bunch of radicals and all.

Its better not to even think about al ...

I've read the reports

You won't find violence against women in the Congo defined in terms of lesbians, bisexuals and transgender, which is the difference in definition between the 1994 and 2011 reports (have you even read ?)

Here you go, I'll save you a little time, by giving you a direct link, JF:

violenceisnotourculture.org/sites/default/files/SRVAW-Report%20to%20UNGA-Aug2011.pdf

Don't you just love the title of that link, from no less august an institution other than the "United Nations"... violenceisnotourculture.org....

United in what then...hubris? indulgence? fantasy? agenda?

Moreover, you can see where it's all going, and it is not cool:

The outcome document of the session went a step further in calling on States to “treat all forms of violence against women and girls of all ages as a criminal offence punishable by law, including violence based on all forms of discrimination”

this is not cool because a lot of things which are not violence against women are defined as such by the United Nations

and yet, we see the threat of legal action, which is itself a form of force, used, not in the name of justice, but in the name of agenda, with no rational basis

these are fighting words

and you need to understand, JF, the report is based, loosely (not scientifically), on the observations of the "Special Rapporteur", in the "four spheres" - Kyrgyzstan, Algeria, El Salvador, Zambia, United States of America....actually FIVE ), and NOT via an evidence-based approach

it is all grand self-indulgence, with the full threat of legislation, and that is a most dangerous outcome
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-6 18:53:11 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-12-6 20:28
Well I think in terms of gender equality - it really just means having the same respect and being  ...

respect and dignity are not legally defined. this is the problem with the law on equality.

and that is where the law meets politics and agenda. Because equality, respect and dignity are derivatives of underlying tangible specific variables.

And those issues are the crux.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-6 19:07:59 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-12-6 18:53
respect and dignity are not legally defined. this is the problem with the law on equality.

and th ...

Who is talking about laws?

I thought we were talking about attitudes?

We do have some anti-discrimination laws that are pretty good.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-6 19:19:26 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-12-6 18:44
I've read the reports

You won't find violence against women in the Congo defined in terms of lesbi ...

You're right.

Its so wrong to even make it a topic for discussion, let alone conduct studies and reports.

We don't have problems with gender violence.  That shelter I lived in run by project woman - just a femi-nazi organization and all the women there were just liars.  Nothing scientific about their bruises and broken bones.

All the girls I know that have been raped and/ or beat up - is just all bullcrap.  It doesn't really happen.  Men don't do these things and if they do, they have a damn good reason.

Nothing at all to worry about and no one should bother themselves to even look into these kinds of issues.

Just a bunch of femi-nazis who don't know there place in the world.

And people like Angela Merkel?  Why isn't she in the kitchen?  Who the hell does she think she is?  Trying to be a man or something?  lol

We are not equal nor should never even pursue it.  Women should know there place and just stop making up stories about abuse or maltreatment.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.