Views: 12377|Replies: 43

Thank you Al Jazzera and Russia Today, Fk off CNN   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-20 19:41:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by xuerengui at 2012-11-20 20:50

When it comes to world news, there seems to be an American version of the news and the rest of the world version.

In the American (CNN/Fox) version of the news,  Americans and their allies Japan and Israel are the good guys and do no wrong, doesn't matter if they massacre indigenious people, kill and rape little children, plunder third world of resources, they are all justifiied in the name of "Freedom and Democracy".  Third world countries on the other hand are described by CNN/Fox not as victims of American imperialism or brutal Japanese warcrimes but as evil non democratic countries with "no freedom" and they try every chance they get to demonize them.

Thank God, there are other news services today.  Hopefully, soon most people in the third world would turn to news sources other than the bias American version.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-20 20:58:29 |Display all floors
CNN likes to do what I call CNN Heroes.  They pick a dissident in a country they don't like, some guy or some woman that no one in that country has heard of.  Someone who happens to speak perfect English with an Oxford accent.  Someone who thinks his / her native country lacks "freedom" and someone who would be interviewed by CNN and tell its audience how wonderful everything would be if his /her country is just like America.

Someone whom CNN wants to convince its audience that almost 90% of that country is just like that person, wanting to be free by USA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-20 20:59:23 |Display all floors
re:Kbay

Can you list an example?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-20 21:03:41 |Display all floors
O, sure I can

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2012-11-21 10:08:15 |Display all floors
Fox is pretty bad, I'll give you that, but they pretty much cater to a domestic American audience that is already agreeing with them. They don't really make any attempt to influence opinion outside of US borders.

CNN is a little better. I can go to CNN's website right now and read articles or see video interviews from the Palestinian perspective of the current Gaza conflict. They also print a lot of objective China coverage. None of the slanderous reporting you are talking about. I challenge you to find some evidence for these claims you are making about CNN demonizing third-world nations and saying they are evil with "no freedom."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-21 17:57:20 |Display all floors
xuerengui Post time: 2012-11-20 20:58
CNN likes to do what I call CNN Heroes.  They pick a dissident in a country they don't like, some gu ...

Often picking someone who is so irrelevant that if they went back to said country they would be arrested on the spot for sharing their unrepresentative views

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-21 20:05:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 29042012 at 2012-11-21 20:06

South China Sea ?

I want it ALL ....

no matter what !
We should declare war on the Philippines, and of course on Vietnam, too.

Japanese cars ?  We burn them !

The WEST is bad, bad, bad ....

China ?

innocent virgin
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.