Views: 4253|Replies: 23

A volunteer is building an Utopia for kids from rural areas   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-9 11:13:48 |Display all floors
搜狗截图121109_9.jpg

He used to have a good job with monthly salary of more than 10,000RMB, have his houses and cars and live a really confortable life in Shenzhen.

However, he choosed to go to impoverished mountainous area in Guizhou province to teach kids there as a volunteer with monthly income of 500 Hong Kong dollars. He had been teaching kids there for more than two years. He devotes so much effort to these kids that he hated to leave them. So he sold his house and cars and brought 15 kids from Guizhou province to his hometown- Jiujiang county, Jiangxi province. "If I didn't take them out of their place, they will drop out of school. They are all my kids. I can't leave them," he said.

His name is Zhou Yuyang. He is 38 years old now and from Jiu Jiang county, Jiangxi province. Now he has already brought these 15 kids to Tuanzhou middle school in Jiujiang county. He affords all these 15 kids' studying fees and living expense. He teaches students in this school as well with monthly salary of 1000 RMB.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 11:34:16 |Display all floors
搜狗截图121109_11.jpg

Before going to Guizhou province to be a volunteer, Zhou's life was really confortable. Ater working in Shenzhen for more than 10 years, he not only got his love, but also earned his house and cars.

On March, 2010, Zhou sold his house and cars in Shenzhen and quitted his job with good salary to go to  a rural school in Hezhang county, Guizhou province with his wife. At that moment, they only earn 500 Hong Kong dollars per month.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 13:17:56 |Display all floors
搜狗截图121109_2.jpg

After spending two years in Guizhou, kids there who Zhou taught graduated from primary school. However, most of them might drop out of school after that. "I was thinking if I could build a school for them or I may send money to them. But I was pretty sure that they wouldn't go to middle school after I left. Spending more than two years in the village with kids, I had alheady developed a strong bond with them. I hated to leave them. I thought, coming up with a bold idea, and finally determined to take all of them to my hometown to study." he said.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-9 13:28:36 |Display all floors

There are still wonderful people in the world  ...............         

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-9 13:29:30 |Display all floors

There are still wonderful people in this world  .............     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 13:39:49 |Display all floors
搜狗截图121109_3.jpg

Zhou teaches English course for students who are in the first year of junior middle school. All the 15 kids Zhou brought from Guizhou province study in the same class which Zhou is responsible for.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 13:50:29 |Display all floors
搜狗截图121109_5.jpg

After class, Zhou and his students go to canteen for lunch. They are chatting and having meal outside of the classroom together. "They have been here for two months and everyone is gaining weight here. Though meals here are not really good, comparing with food at school's canteen in Guizhou, they are delicious. Kids used to only have cornmeal or potatos for their meal there, barely having meat. " Zhou said.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.