Author: johnotvi

Working with people you don't like   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-1 11:32:40 |Display all floors
my first reaction is to ignore himor her, while i will try to think his or her merits, then accept to work with him or her

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-1 11:32:58 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-1 13:09:47 |Display all floors
Karen-fly Post time: 2012-11-1 11:32
my first reaction is to ignore himor her, while i will try to think his or her merits, then accept t ...
my first reaction is to ignore himor her

but what if she/he would be yr superior/leader/boss?
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-1 16:06:44 |Display all floors
We can't choose to work with someone.  If you don't like him or her, you and him or her won't be friends each other,  but you must do your job well without any excuse.  If there is someone you don't like, quitting your job isn't a good  way to solve problem because You don't know if you will face the same situation in a new company.

Maybe we are the person which other people don't like to work with. So we should try our best to get along well with other people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-3 05:10:19 |Display all floors
I can think of two people I worked with whom I didn't like. The silly thing is that they were good people but it was just something about them that rubbed me up the wrong way. We worked together okay but I am sure they felt a slight tension.

Looking back I know I was wrong and now I try to like everyone unless they give me a reason not to,

John
About Sichuan China

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-10-22 22:41:55 |Display all floors
You work to make money, pay the rent, buy food, clothes and pay the overheads. Your not their to make friends or be liked. Don't allow this distract you or affect you from carrying out your duties as required. The work place at times requires us with people/persons we have a dislike for or they us. it's no big issue. It if you are required to communicated with persons you loath, [vice versa] then do it with respect and leave it at that, not need to fuel the fire. Sometimes it helps  if you politely and tactfully ask the person in private, what, if anything it is you have done wrong, sometimes people are envy of others because of achievement and or position, even salary. Whatever do you job to the best of your ability and don't worry about what other may think.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-22 22:59:49 |Display all floors
i always ask myself first before jumpin the gun. anywho i dont like almost the entire work force in my firm (wish it's legal to...)  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.