Author: vincent01

China flexes naval muscles in E. China Sea [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-19 10:11:45 |Display all floors
vincent01 Post time: 2012-10-19 10:10
Things are much more complicated than you imagine.

then no point showing naval power without using them properly...
no one on Earth will scared of showing off...
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-20 10:19:47 |Display all floors
pics are beautiful,facts are not
I want to exit from CD

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-20 10:40:49 |Display all floors
Support.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-20 15:18:45 |Display all floors
A pity China did not have a strong defense like this a 100 years ago to stave off western imperialism

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-20 21:42:59 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2012-10-20 15:18
A pity China did not have a strong defense like this a 100 years ago to stave off western imperialis ...

and now, Imperialism is of the mind.  China is still unable to help that too! Just look around....
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-20 21:44:33 |Display all floors
vincent01 Post time: 2012-10-19 10:04

Naval muscle involves fishing boats? Lucky then that South korea were temperate in their attempt to detain the spies.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-26 22:24:54 |Display all floors
His parents brought him to the poor central Philippine province of Samar, where his mother is from, when he was 5 years old, and he did not return to the country until this week. Rhoades said he was aware of the geo-political issues surrounding the American presence in Asia but would rather simply enjoy getting back to his roots for now.

"I see a lot of it on the news, in the newspapers, and it's hard not to think about it," Rhoades said. "When I come here, it's just to relax, get off work a little bit and just kick my feet up ... I get to see where my mom is from and see the culture."

From the George Washington, passenger boats ferry hundreds of American sailors in casual clothes to the Mall of Asia, one of Asia's largest shopping centers, where some bars blared loud disco music on a rainy noontime Thursday to attract the visitors. Smiling mall workers handed umbrellas to the large throng of sailors.

Such U.S. military presence in the region has in the past annoyed China, which has warned the United States not to intervene in territorial disputes Beijing says should be dealt with one-on-one by Asian claimants.

Amid the murky situation, Washington has walked a tightrope by providing military support to allies like the Philippines and declaring that it will help ensure freedom of navigation in disputed South China Sea areas, while also saying it does not take sides in the disputes to avoid being drawn into the wrangling.

"We are firmly committed to helping support the nations that are involved in the disputes, but ideally we'd like to see them sort out their disputes via diplomatic channels," Fenton told reporters.

"We're very sensitive to the areas that are under disputes," he said. "We do make a very conscious effort to stay away from those areas."
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.