Views: 26320|Replies: 101

The real reason America used nuclear weapons against Japan   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-16 10:31:11 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-17 13:56:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by arthurborges at 2012-10-17 13:57

Yep, there was no military justification for dropping the first two atomic bombs except as full-scale tests on a real city with real people. ZeroHedge picked up this item on its website a few days ago.

Some Japanese are still interested to know why a nuclear weapon was never used against Germany and suspect the choice was race-based.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-17 23:50:31 |Display all floors
arthurborges Post time: 2012-10-17 13:56
Yep, there was no military justification for dropping the first two atomic bombs except as full-scal ...

I also think that Germany was spared for a certain reason !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-18 00:09:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by edisonone at 2012-10-17 08:59
arthurborges Post time: 2012-10-16 21:56
Yep, there was no military justification for dropping the first two atomic bombs except as full-scal ...

My take on the article:

Even though my position in this matter is likely to infuriate many a compatriot of mind because of the extremes of anti-Japanese sentiments embedded deep in their psyches due to a cruel, brutal, criminally heinous and long drawn out but bygone war in the Asian continent. My logics of this story is this:

Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as what I had been saying all along here in CD and elsewhere: is that it's a "racial motived act" ... "it's a docturine fueled by civilizational race indifferences"... it have nothing to do with Russia or that which was Stalin's USS of R...  

Stalin was a sitting member alongside Churchill and the ally command in the unconditional surrender of Germany and similarly -- Japan... There were no conflicts between Stalin and the West when the nukes were dropped... America and the USSR then were partners in the war of resistance against Germany, and of Japan... The United States even furnished Stalin with an endless stream of Bell Cobra fighter aircraft to help the USSR fight off Hitler's Germany... Therefore no frictions existed between the West and of the USSR at the time so why kill a chicken to scare off a Stalin fox strategy? The logic are just not there.

My premonition for this article, thus, is this: In the shadows of the emergence of what are worrisome fears of yet another Imperial-Japanese-like-Asiatic-powerhouse-breakout -- one that's hundreds of times bigger than Japan in landmass, human resources, and a robust economy to fuel and fire up that which is and will be the next Imperial Japan of Asia, the United States needed hard core believers of what I perceive as a see-America-as-a-friend-of-Japan Japanese mass and public ...

To achieve this, like the Japanese before them, the Americans, too, are attempting to redirrect, not rewrite, history... By redirrecting the Nagasaki and Hiroshima theme as an anti-communist anti-Stalin measure rather than as a "you yella b*asdard one", America hopes to win the hearts of the Japanese masses such that the Japanese masses can continue to be exploited as a weapon that America can continue to use against the Chinese...

Rewritting and attempting to redirrect history is easy, but to change that which is the truth? C'mon!!! Ultimately, there are elements in a society which will never forget the past...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2012-10-18 09:06:34 |Display all floors
macanese Post time: 2012-10-17 23:50

I thought it was because the weapon wasn't ready until after Germany surrendered. The Allies certainly had no problem firebombing German cities. Hardly playing favorites there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-18 09:43:20 |Display all floors
Shame on those Japanese who now still supports the Barbarian U.S.
Shame on them to love U.S. so much and lick their shoes nowadays.

Japanese should step up instead of being a puppet of U.S.
Shame Shame
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-18 12:59:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by edisonone at 2012-10-17 21:07
macanese Post time: 2012-10-17 07:50

the out cry in europe would be so great [white world you know] that i think both western and eastern europe would band together and turn 180 on the u.s. and the anglo world even with hitler's crimes against humanity put into consideration... nagasaki and hiroshima however is different, the racial prejudice towards yellows was so great then that, the justification behind the psyches of the anglo west would be justification enough and to intern nuke all of them...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.