Author: macanese

The real reason America used nuclear weapons against Japan   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-25 13:08:15 |Display all floors
TrinityShemale Post time: 2012-10-24 20:05
Edisonone, I'm disappointed in you.  In all of your posts that I've seen, you've been able to carry  ...

Sorry, shemale, what I was trying to convey is this: in military related fields (Newport News Ship Building is military related), ultimately, although unawared to us mentally, "education" (change of phrase here) "not brain washing" has to be part of the curriculum.

But, excuse me if I am wrong here, but what we deem as "well documented documentations" can and are, in most cases, drafted or composted to suit the needs of he one who writes it.

Example: Japan had tried to rewrite its history, if she had succeed, which she didn't, in a few generations, this reshuffling of the record books will have erased the real goings ons of Japan's past and in a few generations, the future masses of Japan will, too, argue that it is a well documented part of their history.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-25 18:24:27 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-10-24 00:10
The American propaganda is strong in you.

that's a widely distributed revisionist view circulating around the net, eg zerohedge, and plausible at that.

but, the fact remains, Iwo Jima was no cake walk and given that, nukes much preferable to taking Japan by conventional means.

If anything, they should have been used much earlier and with more gusto.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-25 18:28:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lebeast at 2012-10-25 20:29
expatter Post time: 2012-10-24 00:48
The Japanese unit 731 used thousands of Chinese for human experiments  .........

Under the Americ ...

so conventional wisdom goes and it may be true

unfortunately, china was divided at the time. In hindsight, perhaps it would have been a good idea to bring  Chiang Kai-Shek's administration to Japan to conduct the prosecution as a rallying point.

the same can be said of Mao's murderous armies in China, and countless crimes conducted in times less fortunate than our own
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-25 18:40:16 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2012-10-22 02:27
Good Mornin' lebeast ...
being a part of this racially defined and refined world of ours.

It's all about roots and it's all about hard earnt econmic incentives, which is something people as myself had worked so hard to earn and not about liberalism or freedom

which is why I am diametrically opposed to you. Freedom is the basis of humanity.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-25 18:45:42 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-10-21 19:02
There is at least one other in this place whose head is in the right place.......what a surprise.

I think we had a good chance for a long peace about 20 years ago, even 10. But it's gone. There is a still another kind of peace that can exist, but the way things are, we won't have it.

Romney will at least offer a chance of competition to utter ruthlessness.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-25 18:47:52 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2012-10-22 02:27
Good Mornin' lebeast ...
Yes, lebeast: It's all about roots and it's all about hard earnt econmic incentives, which is something people as myself had worked so hard to earn and not about liberalism or freedom. Here in Canuckwlands they can throw the book at me for not serving as jury if summon or if I failed to pay my personal income taxes.

Moose, you need to see that you are a moose. You can earn and enjoy the benefits of your hard work thanks to mooseland. Don't forget it.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-25 19:23:11 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-10-25 18:45
I think we had a good chance for a long peace about 20 years ago, even 10. But it's gone. There is ...

Romney represents risk premium.

but what comes out the other side chaos is quantum principles of uncertainties.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.