Author: macanese

The real reason America used nuclear weapons against Japan   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-24 05:49:48 |Display all floors
Agreed, Imperial Japan was far different from today's Japan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 08:17:17 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 08:36:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by edisonone at 2012-10-23 16:47
TrinityShemale Post time: 2012-10-23 12:07
Japan was kicking America's butt from one end of the globe to the other, just as it did China.  I do ...

> Japan was kicking
America's butt from one end of
the globe to the other...

Says who?

"Far as I understand", the US wasn't even officially involved in the Pacific theater until after the Pearl Harbour thingy when Rosevelt rallied the country behind him enabling him the cause to enter the war and declared war on Japan.

You can correct me if I'm wrong however because this is all from out of my recollection of what I had watched on the tube and read on prints. My Pentium 4 is getting slower and slower these days and I could of course be dead wrong. So shoot and correct mef if I'm off! I'm open to be corrected and to be debated in this and any other subject.

In any case (and again I could be wrong about this), but the impression I have is that the Americans were hand in glove together with the Japanese, the UK, France, Germany, Russia, even the Spaniards, the Dutch, the Potuguese in its conspiracies to exploit and probably worked out aggressive plans to have China disected and splited up exactly as how they had split the Indian subcontinent.

Examples: The flooding of the China market with opuims, social incoherencies, the unrest, the gunboats, etc., etc. is, IMO, a testiment to this theory I have and a phenomenon that had been inflicting China ever since the 18th century.  So, how can you say that some of us are defending Japan when all I'm saying, and doing, merely, is to dwell into the possibilties of what may have been, what could have been, and possibly -- what is...?

Yes, Japan invaded China. But, didn't the other countries mentioned also invaded us, in their own sly and conniving little ways?  My speculation of it is that the Brits, the US, Russia and all were all eyeing for Japan to finish the China job so as to allow themselves the opportunity to jump in and reap the rewards of Japan's labour and accomplishment -- a gift practically all gift wrapped and handed over to them by Japan who love to identify itself as the West rather than the east.

You know why I say that? The Americans could have offered the then Chinese KMT the support it had requested to establish for the Chinese navy a fleet of up to twelves aircraft carriers (facts) and the aircrafts to go with it as an effort for him (China) to fight off Japan and engage Japan's massive naval armada.

She could have also fulfilled the KMT's-CKS's desire to have a production plant for Grumman Hellcats (am sure I had read something in this respect in the past) to be built in China as part of China's needed efforts to fight Imperial Japan exactly as how Washington had -- voluntarily -- shipped to Stalin a whole and complete plant for Russia to pump out Bell Cobra fighters for Russians to fight Nazi Germany but, the KMT's request was denied and rejected.

So, why wouldn't America assit the the KMT's in its request for these needed technologies if the Americans doesn't have other plans and designs set up for China?

Seriously, for me anyway, I don't find Japanese colonialism over China as anymore different or sinister that if it was British (white) colonialism if China had been been taken over by the British and-or the Americans. I mean look how they treated the Indians and how they splitted up the Indian continent!

At the very least, and as ruthless as the Japanese were, they were attempting to establish what's known as an Aian co-prosperity sphere of influence and if that has been agreed upon by the Asians, there might not even have been a need for Japan to march throughout Asia, which you will agree is a costly endeavor for any country -- even today.

So, why fear us and why errect a fense between us when instead, America and the West can partner with us Chinese for an authentically better and more fair and robust world? America and China does have something in common. They are no foes unless the Americans makes them to be in their minds, They are insistently -- both capitalist fatsos and for that, they should have a full understanding of one another!

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 10:42:00 |Display all floors
So, why fear us and why errect a fense between us when instead, America and the West can partner with us Chinese for an authentically better and more fair and robust world? America and China does have something in common. They are no foes unless the Americans makes them to be in their minds, They are insistently -- both capitalist fatsos and for that, they should have a full understanding of one another!

Totally agree with this point.  America doesn't fear China, China doesn't fear us.  It would be nice if we could both sit down and agree, even ally, against evil around the world.  

The past is the past.  All we can do is really regret actions in the past and try to avoid the same mistakes in the future.

China is a powerful force.  United States is as well.  Together, the two would be unstoppable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 11:59:32 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 16:41:23 |Display all floors
havok Post time: 2012-10-19 13:39
What is this 'racial integrity' nonsense? A paper thin shield for racism. Deliberate exclusion, in ...

The only people I know of who practice "RACIAL INTEGRITY" are the Jews. If a Jew marries a nonJew, the children are not Jewish.
Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 18:57:25 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-10-23 22:48
The Japanese unit 731 used thousands of Chinese for human experiments  .........

Under the Americ ...

And the force is strong with you too ...

... your occasional effort, dropping into conversations, reminding the Chinese patriots that (in this instance) the Japs were b@stards and the US had their hand in it too.

Yet whenever there is any attempt by posters on this forum to force the patriots to examine their own history and demand that the party examines its role in the murder of countless people during e.g. the CR ... you are first to step up and ... yet again water ... water ... water down any argument, question statistics or blatantly refuse to discuss. Meanwhile, drop a little bomb into a conversation to continue to emphasize that the Chinese are victims.

Are you sure you didn't learn under the Patriotic Education Campaign .. you know the one where the government in the wake of T Square decided that the good people of China needed a new form of education ... one where they were portrayed as victims of foreign imperialism with the party as saviours (quite different as to how they educated the people for the 40 years prior).

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.