Author: macanese

The real reason America used nuclear weapons against Japan   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-25 19:32:29 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-10-25 19:23
Romney represents risk premium.

Is the quantum principle of a crusade against Muslims a road which leads directly to Hell ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-25 19:58:33 |Display all floors
macanese Post time: 2012-10-25 19:32
Is the quantum principle of a crusade against Muslims a road which leads directly to Hell ?

I was thinking more of China when I think of uncertainties considering that the Mormon is a money man .

No such uncertainties what the Mormons will do to the muslim world.

It will  be total war and total chaos.

Mormon Rombley will give birth to Osama version 2.0.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-25 20:34:08 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-10-25 18:28
so conventional wisdom goes and it may be true

unfortunately, china was divided at the time. In hi ...

I just cannot understand why some make light of this  .........

Unit 731 was a butcherous institution solely for scientific experiments on human beings and these were not the insane acts of instability and war one associates with mass deaths. This was the work of cruel murderers in cold blood for scientific data and the Americans wanted the research so much they let Unit 731 go free.

This has nothing to do with Chiang Kaishek or even Mao.

This is cold blooded murder at its finest that would even put Hitler to shame  ...........

Imagine cutting someone up while they alive or half-gassing to judge the effects  .......

There is no truth in our world other than the truth of convenience  .........     

And as usual it involves the American government as the hypocritical liars they have always seemed to be   .............

Now go look up operation 'Paper-Clip' ...........   

The same dung but less cold-blooded murder  .........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-25 23:06:32 |Display all floors
is disaster is the last resort to prevent larger disaster, we can not say no to  the last resort.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-26 08:42:50 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2012-10-23 15:33
I would suspect, that like everything that any military brasses, war strategists, think tanks, an ...

Japan was out to build an "Asia for Asians" with itself in the lead position. It was countered by a US embargo on steel and oil imports, which was strangling its economy. To offset this at least partially, it expanded its hold on China and elsewhere militarily.

Several historians have noted that Japan realized its material inferiority to the USA but hoped its spiritual superiority would carry the day. This attitude was impressed upon conscripts and enlistees alike by telling and retelling the tale of a combat pilot who got shot up quite badly during an encounter and limped his plane back to base before reporting to his commanding officer and debriefing himself, upon which he collapsed. As the tale ends, the CO got up, knelt over to feel the pilot's pulse and was surprised to feel the man's body was cold to the touch, i.e. he was physically dead before even walking into the office, but his spirit, soul, ghost or whatever carried him through to the end of his mission report.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-26 09:14:34 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2012-10-18 00:09
My take on the article:

Even though my position in this matter is likely to infuriate many a compa ...

The UK/US alliance with the USSR was tactical. If the USA supplied war materiel to the USSR, it was because, after German losses at the battles of Moscow, Kursk, Kharkov and Stalingrad, Stalin already had the option of negotiating a separate peace deal with Berlin.

Interestingly, at one point in 1944, the German High Command contacted the UK and US with a proposal to join forces and relaunch an offensive against the USSR.

Morever, in his book "My Silent War", Kim Philby says that in 1944 MI5 and MI6 were already making preparations for the anti-Soviet policies to pursue in a post-war Europe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-26 12:12:17 |Display all floors
arthurborges Post time: 2012-10-25 16:42
Japan was out to build an "Asia for Asians" with itself in the lead position. It was countered by  ...

Man!!! So many newbies these days... makes old timers as myself feel so casted aside and forgotten... In any case:

> Japan was out to build an "Asia for Asians" with itself in the lead position.

That's what I had been telling people all along: that it is precisely because of the incohesive characteristics of the Asian clan which "the Asia for Asians" could not and would never have been made a reality...

You see, unlike Europe where everyone prides themselves in their heritage and as a result, binds together as one, Asians on the other hand does not like to be ruled by their own, regardless if the ruling party is Japanese, Korean, Mongol, Chinese, CCP, FLG, KMT or DDP -- they will fight amongst themselves, not because they do not like to be ruled, but rather, be driven by the mentality "why should he, and not me, be King"...

You see, Asians will live a very very obedient and law abiding life; they will voluntarilly pay their dues in taxes; they will kowtow to the foreign devil as if the foreign devils are Gods and are willing to accept being classified labeled as second class citizens, but, they will never allow their own to kick their behinds...

For this reason, the so called "East Asian Co-prosperity Sphere of Influence" (think that's what it was named) never took root, could not have taken root, and never will take root even if initiated again by another Asian group.

But, if it would have taken place, the prospects of it would have been good for China, good for Japan, good for Korea, for Mongolia, and for other Asians as well and there will have never been a need for Japan to militarily force its way and its will on the continent of East Asia...

From all of this, we can clearly see Asia's most weakest of points and we can clearly see the strength which cohesion have brought to the continent of Europe...,

So fear not, people, unlike Holly Wood's portrayals of the Ruusians in the 80's, the Chinese, Koreans, and the Japanese are not coming... They can't come... they have their own azz at home to worry about and to deal with...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.