Author: 468259058

Do citizens have rights to ask our gov to stop buying Japanese branded cars?   [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-6 19:58:26 |Display all floors
Economic Opinions: A or B?
Should consumers feel obligated to purchase domestic cars after the U.S. auto industry provided sound jobs and stimulated economic growth for several past decades?

A: While it's a personal choice, I believe that buying American is a way for citizens to demonstrate their patriotic support for the country.

B: US consumers should not feel obligated to purchase domestic vehicles, since the US auto makers have not demonstrated an interest in producing cars that are competitive with foreign autos, either in features or cost.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-6 20:08:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-7 02:27:09 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-10-6 20:08
Obviously you don’t own a Chinese made car and therefor you are talking rubbish..!

I own a Ford Fiesta made in Chengdu.  And I guess that the other 85% to 90% of the car buyers in China disagree with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-7 08:51:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-7 09:44:33 |Display all floors
The following was copied from the internet. True or not?

From a historical perspective, government and public support and protection for national industry was one way countries developed. The UK once demanded the use of homemade shrouds. If the shroud was proved not to be homemade, the funeral would stop. Such an extreme way of supporting domestic products contributed to the UK's rise as the world's first industrial power.

The US almost copied the UK's way. Its first president George Washington wore a suit of locally made cloth when swore in publicly, encouraging Americans to consume more domestic products.

Our neighbors South Korea and Japan also pay a lot of attention to encouraging people to purchase more domestic products. So does India.

From a scientific point of view, this statement doesn't hold true.

Some people complain just about everything, Germans complain about their BMW, Japanese about theirs Hondas and americans on their locally made cars and you are complaining about your Chinese made Fiesta. The Fiesta could easily become the automotive icon for upcoming young, professional white collar office workers in China.  Over the Chinese festivities driven over 1400k since I had to take the mother-in-law, and all the food for the relatives, took the company Midy Foton pushed it like no come tomorrow, never missed a beat and by the way ,seen only  two broken down cars in the highways, one was a Porsche and at the rest place there was an imported M Benz with overheating problems. By enlarge; I would say Chinese cars are not better or worse than the made overseas.

If you look at value for money, Chinese cars are not that bad indeed. However, I prefer quality in cars and couldn't find any Chinese brand so far that could satisfy my criteria...

But cars aren't the only business - there are various great Chinese products in other areas. This post, for instance, is written on a nice lenovo laptop
And Chinese food offers also great value for money while being quite healthy - so I totally prefer it over McDonald's or Burger King.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-7 11:19:24 |Display all floors
it starts with the people. if we put pressure on the govt to stop buy jap crap they will have to. lets keep up the pressure. its working so far. major indicators say that jap auto is down 40% in september.
i say german and korean for imports and support our own companies, the one's without any jap partnership.
grb your a jap arent ya.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-7 11:23:06 |Display all floors
people of China.
"ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" JFK
in this case. we need to teach japan a lesson. if they intend to steal for us. we wont do business with them. it's time 1.3 billion people unite. there is no reason they should have a trade surplus with us today.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.