Views: 2772|Replies: 6

lifestyle [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-12 12:34:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-9-12 12:36

a german lady sitting next to me said, she earns 30 thousand euroes a year after taxes.however,she could save little in banks every year. monthly rental is about 900 euroes.

she is a researcher in a german university.

most chinese earned much less than her. however we can still save a lot in banks.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-12 13:45:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2012-9-12 13:47

off course, because income should be always compared to LOCAL living costs

Chinese worker for example earns 1100 RMB + accomodation + food
Polish worker earns 1000 PLN and nothing more

in China for 10 RMB You can have 2-3 dishes for lunch, and noodles cost about 3-5 RMB
in Poland for 10 PLN You can eat one simple dish

exchange rate between RMB and PLN is about 2:1

small differences :)

(the same is with other countries)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 16:00:08 |Display all floors
so, for the rental she spend round one third of her net-salary, quite common in good old germany; however, if she is a single, 900 is probably a quite big apt or in an expensive city.
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-9-12 17:46:11 |Display all floors
We love saving money.

But money is what you make but not you save
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-12 22:48:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-9-12 22:59
seneca Post time: 2012-9-12 20:49
go gtravelling. Which that German lady no doubt does.

go gtravelling. Which that German lady no doubt does.
........Maybe.
She is doing the religion and philosophy research in a university in Freistaat Bayern. (She told me the name of her university several times. But I didn't catch and remember.)
She told me that she were going on a 7 days' tour of silk road with several researchers from other universities, such as one from Italy.

I noticed that a lady probably from China's Shandong university accompanied those teachers (researchers).

++++++++++++++
I told her that We didn't have elecricty in my hometown when I was a child. Life was tough in my childhood. I used to live through hard times. Now I often buy the cheapest one and save money as more as possible. Maybe it's my lifestyle formed from my childhood.

She said that her grandma didn't have electricity in her childhood too. 4 years ago, her grandma died. Before her grandma's death, her grandma could send email. She said that we are changing.  
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-16 19:43:43 |Display all floors
Aside from the lifestyle and standard/cost of living, there are other factors too to consider such as a person's mindset, financial intelligence and culture (to some extent).
I remember reading a saying that goes something like this ….. 'It's not how much you earn that make you rich, but how much you save.'
Some people really know how to lead a frugal life. For example, children whose parents taught them early on about the concept of savings and being responsible with finances may grow up understanding they should 'save for the rainy days' and not waste their hard earned money on impulsive or unnecessary expenses.

I believe culture, to some extent, plays a part for some too. Elders from some culture would save ahead to buy a place of their own, for their retirement fund or maybe leave something for their children too.

I've also met some people who believe in all work and no play makes Jack a boring man. This is true, but their mindset on 'having fun' is like 'live today as if there's no tomorrow'. As soon as payday comes, they would lavishly spend all their money. They save nothing as they easily throw away money on booze, meals, expensive purchases, trips/vacations rather than focusing on their long-term needs.

Use magic tools Report

October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-19 14:58:42 |Display all floors
Saving money needs discipline and budgeting. Chinese know money management. Notice the growing economy?
Warrior of Light!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.