Views: 24156|Replies: 124

Moving forward   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-9 18:47:37 |Display all floors
I am writing this because I would like people's honest opinions about why so many forumites are so driven to complain and rant against "The West", "Anglos" and especially the U S of A.

The comments are usually the same, Anglos stole this, the West killed that, everything was plundered, nothing good has come from the West, it is tiresome to read about day in and day out without the posters every having a positive suggestion about how wrongs could be forgiven and humanity moving forward together.

Is The West any different to any other vague generalization applied to a society or group of people? Not really, nations have warred against one another from the day when we first sorted ourselves into tribes, all that has changed is the technology that we kill each other with and the distance over which we fight.

The caucasian peoples of Europe were fighting amongst themselves for many years before they became nations of any sort, just as the asian, african and australoid people were.

Much is spoken about how Anglos have invaded other nations and plundered them, but is that really a surprise when the "anglo" nations themselves were plundered by the Romans and asians for centuries up until the middle ages.

The Northern African peoples lived under the rule of the pharoahs or were tributories of Rome for many, many years and yet Rome is hailed as the nation that brought civilisation to them!

The South American native people struggled against each other, sacrificing victims of neighboring tribes to satiate a Sun or serpent god, despite their advanced scientific skills they still enacted regular bloodthirsty violence against all who were weaker.

And the peoples of the middle east and the sub continent have been fighting amongst themselves since before the time of the prophet.

So who is innoncent of bloodshed?

No one, but what set the "Anglos" apart was that they were able to harness their technolgy and adapt in order to subjugate others. The technologies were not usually even invented by Anglos, only adapted. Gunpowder, maths needed for logistics and sieges, medicines to treat the wounded.....the list goes on.

As a result of the subjugation the "Anglos" have earnt the ire of many nations, although those same nations are more than happy to accept money, weapons and aid from "The West" when it suits them, some nations seem to have made playing off national anti-anglo sentiment into a national past time while the people starve in the street and the only food they do have...ironically, comes from Anglo nations and the donations of regular mom and pop families. Their own government meanwhile spends its time policing the people to make sure they stay subdued and say that it is "The Wests" fault.

So, please, leave your ideas and musings here, please keep it civil so that we can fully understand each other. Disagree by all means but keep it polite. I'd especially like to hear from Fumigator and Mahmouda on this topic, but without profanity if at all possible.

To move forward as a species we first need to understand where we have gone wrong.

regards

Vorgal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-9 19:20:57 |Display all floors
I am writing this because I would like people's honest opinions about why so many forumites are so driven to complain and rant against "The West", "Anglos" and especially the U S of A.

why don't you ask one million dead Iraqis?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-9 21:04:28 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-9-9 19:20
why don't you ask one million dead Iraqis?

Indeed, or I could ask the millions upon millions dead from the Celtic, Germanic and Slavic peoples killed by Romans, the millions of Africans enslaved by Arab masters, the Spanish Christians killed by the Abbasid Empire, the Greeks killed by Persians, the Persians killed by Greeks, the Chinese killed by Huns, the Russians killed by Russians or any of the mounting toll of death attributed to any war of conquest and pillage.

No war is ever fought for honourable reasons, it is always about power and the wealth that comes with power......pretending any war is justice is a lie, pure and simple.

So it is just that the Anglos are the most recent memory? Will a time pass when history looks at them and says, "Oh, yes, they were bad but they also gave us the modern world, without them, we wouldn't be where we are."

What do you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-9 21:22:09 |Display all floors
CD卖国贼 Post time: 2012-9-9 21:12
Indeed, or I could ask the millions upon millions dead from the Celtic, Germanic and Slavic peoples  ...

A dumb statement?

I am indeed referring to past slaughters, the same way that peoples of the Middle east refer to slaughters of years past and call for vengeance against their neighbours.

And also lets not forget the proliferation of muslim on muslim violence, ongoing since the shia.sunni schism which flares up at the slightest provocation. Is that a case of justifiable violence? It is okay to kill someone with the same colour skin? The persecution of Sufi muslims as heretics in Turkey, the persecution and murder of Christian Kurds by Muslims which has been happening since Islam first came to power. The same holy book or the same version of the holy book?

So much rage directed towards Anglos when there is not a single poster here whose people are without blood on their hands.

Are there any people who can say their ancestors have been ever peaceful and that if retribution for past crimes was meted out, that their people, any people , would remain at all?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-9 21:27:39 |Display all floors
Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-9 21:43:14 |Display all floors
CD卖国贼 Post time: 2012-9-9 21:36
Maybe people hate you Anglo blighters on the bases what Chinese politicians diplomatically term
" ...

Which would be a case of saying that every anglo worker, student, and regular joe actually cares what happens outside our day to day lives. Which I am sure, most do not. Most people of any race are concerned with paying the bills, seeing their children grow and generally trying to have a decent life. The ones who butt their noses into others affairs would do so regardless of race. Otherwise there would be no trade, no diplomacy, not international economy.......I think you get the point.

And the people who are labelling are most likely to be the ones diverting attention from their own shenanigans, our Tony Abbot is a good one for that. Again, I think that is not a quality of racial heritage, just a product of being an idiot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-10 02:02:41 |Display all floors
Wikileaks: More Than 109,000 Deaths During Iraq War. i think they hate us because they were taught to and need to. if i was not an american i would blame us for the way the world is, i do in some ways. but forierners get to because they used to think we were made of money drive huge cars and are lazy or stupid hicks.besides if it was not us it would be some neighboring country probably a minority.
but the rise of china will change that right?
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.