Author: vorgal78

Moving forward   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-12 12:48:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 16:56:55 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-9-12 10:07
You forgot to mention the invasion of Walmart by bargain hunting shoppers, Nov. 25, 2011
The invas ...

Excellent job at trivialising the issue Robert, commendable and something that a right wing politician would be proud of.

The fact that I can find such information on wikipedia without an iota of effort is evidence that many of the issues in the world are completely unnoticed by people such as yourself whose main goal is to attack Western nations and their past activities.

If you would like to start yet another post on how China has been hurt by Western countries, feel free to do so elsewhere....maybe in China and the World. This thread is about the entirety of our global community, not just the little part you care about.

Bigger things are at stake than pride here, I hope you understand that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 16:59:47 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-9-12 11:37
No country is innocent of bloodshed, but no country claims to be the stalwart of freedoms and democr ...

I certainly am not apologizing, nor am I excusing or attacking....I am merely stating.

Actually, my opinion in this thread is irrelevent, I know that I already have a strong sense of what is happening, I also realise that my opinion is entirely a product of my experiences which is why I welcome people to state their cases. Please excuse my attempts to play devil's advocate in these cases, it is not necessarily my opinion but it may be one that needs to be raised for the issue to be explored fully.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 17:01:40 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-9-12 12:18
Yes, you forgot to mention this list. You army has even used against his own citizens.  

Good list, it seems to focus only on the USA though, do you have one for China perhaps? Then we could compare the nations, it would be even better if we had the time to collate results from every nation to find out which one is the most aggressive since recorded history began. I am sure it would have interesting results.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 17:27:09 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 18:00:00 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-9-12 17:27
What is the point, perhaps you can mention a nation with the same aggressively and interfering for ...

The point is that this thread is not just about the US, this is a thread about the whole world.

Your arguments against the U.S. could be taken as being more valid if they were looked at in context of the events that shape the entire world, not just those that the media reports on. It is easy to look at a man and say he is bad because he hits another. If he hits another to protect those he loves, is it justified? If he hits another who hit a child, is it justified? If a man hits another because the second beat his own child and the first does not agree, is that justified?

I am not saying what I think, it does not matter what I think personally. But perception of an issue has the largest effect on what needs to be done in order to resolve it.

Thankyou Raton, you have given me much to think about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 18:00:29 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-9-12 17:27
What is the point, perhaps you can mention a nation with the same aggressively and interfering for ...

Getting away with it?  You fail to realize we are asked, pressured and expected to intervene and that pressure does not originate in the US.  Its our allies.  I still have a suspicion that saudi arabia was behind iraq.  

We get screamed at if we don't do something and screamed at when we do.

Its like this is the attitude:  America, the cause and solution to all my problems....

Take libya...we were asked by the arab league and the UN to intervene.  The rebels complained we didn't do enough and others cried we did too much.  There is no winning.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.