Author: 468259058

He is a Government Leader and a Private-owned company Boss at the same time [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-6 22:22:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-9-6 22:56
wisdom_pang Post time: 2012-9-6 21:49
Mitt Romney methinks!

Who is Mitt Romney?  US Presidential race
Who cares?

I care about China's leaders' change this year, not U.S. presidential race. I care about leaders' change in Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. I often care about leaders' change of Japan, Singapore, Korea, and other East Asian neighbor countries. I seldom care about U.S. presidential race.
You know well and care a lot about U.S. presidential race. However,you probably, know little about China's.

Your logic?
It is okay for Chinese to suffer if U.S. citizens are suffering.
It is okay for China's officials to get bribery if U.S. government officials are getting bribery.
It is okay for China's leaders to change if U.S. leaders change.
It is okay for Chinese to eat more and more if U.S. citizens eat too much.

Should our Chinese make judgements after the comparison with U.S.A?

our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-6 22:22:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-9-6 22:41
expatter Post time: 2012-9-6 22:12
I thought that government employees were allowed to run a business as long as their interests had been declared and not been withheld from the public ............

oh..

I also think it would be okay, if government employees open their income and assets to the public before they got the high-ranking positions.

1.jpg

However, high-ranking government employees in mainland China don't open their income and assets to the public, though Hong Kong high-ranking government employees and Taiwan government employees do open.  National Congress in mainland China planned to make the " Openning Assets Law"(or "Sunlight Law") to open assets of high-ranking government employees from 1994. 18 years past, congress is still planning to do, not finish yet.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-6 22:54:24 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-9-6 22:22
oh..

I also think it would be okay, if government employees open their income and assets to the pu ...

Your statement was  ...........

It is illegal in modern civilized country for government employee to run private-owned business.

And with this I take it you include the US and Europe  .........

Then you refer this back to China  ..........

Which is it  .......    ???

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-6 23:00:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-9-6 23:24
expatter Post time: 2012-9-6 22:54
Your statement was  ...........
It is illegal in modern civilized country for government employee to run private-owned business

And with this I take it you include the US and Europe  .........
Then you refer this back to China  ..........
Which is it  .......    ???

source:
1.jpg

(Zhu Lijia, a professor in national administrative college, said, government employees are prohibited to run business; power and business are separated. It a common rule obeyed in modern cvilized countries.)

Could you read Chinese in the above pic?

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-6 23:05:48 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-9-6 23:00
source:

Could you read Chinese?

It doesn't matter what that says  .........

The statement  ........... It is illegal in modern civilized country for government employee to run private-owned business ..........

Is incorrect ..........

Government officials in the West do partake in business but they have to declare their interests  .........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-6 23:18:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-9-6 23:23
expatter Post time: 2012-9-6 23:05
Government officials in the West do partake in business but they have to declare their interests  .........

Is it a common practice, or type of single cases?

Probably not common practices from experts' opinions in the news report. Please read the following.

1.jpg

(Zhuang Deshui, a researcher in Peking university, said, it must declare the border between government public decisions and private business decisions. In general, one should quit from company if one got a government position. For example: the former U.S. vice president Al Gore sold company's shares before the presidential election race. He went on his business again after he had left the government position.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-6 23:28:00 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-9-6 23:18
Is it a common practice?

Maybe not from experts' opinions in the news report.

Experts  .........  ?

I know the definition of that:

It is a 'drip' under 'pressure' .........

I think you might want to think about that  .........

I will give you just one notable example  ..........

Italy: Berlesconi the previous president ..........

He is a billionaire and owns a good proportion or most of the Italian media  ........

But it is a 'declared' interest  .........

Many MPs in the UK are board members of companies and it is normal practice but has to be a 'declared' interest ............

Clinton and Blair havel been involved in companies .........

Bush and his cronies (Cheney) have companies in Iraq and interests in oil companies  ........

Politicians in the West do not end up living on wages, they still have a normal life outside of their official work .........

And some make 'truckloads' of money  .........

There are notables who are related to presidents etc such as Jeb Bush who have profited from the Iraq war ...........

Politicians are all the same  .........

Crooks  .........   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.