Author: blueeyes.yu

The truth about the beggers   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-5 15:58:02 |Display all floors
{:soso_e105:}They had such a hard!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-5 17:33:19 |Display all floors
What can we do for them! show our sympathy? I think it`s none of our bussiness,just relate to our government! the key method is that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-5 20:55:47 |Display all floors
I am sure, that in mainland China there are enough "civil organizations", including churches, who would like to engage into social and charitable work, but unfortunately those organizations have been severely restricted by the Chinese government.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-5 23:12:31 |Display all floors
It is so difficult to distinguish the fake and truth because of so much deceiving.They are unfortunate,but if such things can not be dealt in a proper way,people rarely believe the poor man and his son.It needs the authority to take measures.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-6 00:31:50 |Display all floors
You cannot rely on governments, not even in Europe. Therefor private civil organizations, of which you can be a member, are doing a lot of social work. Governments have to understand, thast they are ruling (and caring) not only over the fortunate but also the unfortunately. They do not cease to be members of the society, only because they have nothing.

But private entities and churches must be provided more freedom by the government, otherwiese it will not work.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-6 01:33:37 |Display all floors
Great post and well-presented  .........

That is one really thorny issue and one must ask the question  ........

How many countries have a social system that can truly help the needy or even starving ......

For my personal opinion I wish the money spent on war would go instead to structure such a system, as we have a duty not to kill our neighbours but to care for them to some degree  .........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-6 01:39:21 |Display all floors
29042012 Post time: 2012-9-4 23:29
blueeyes.yu

Most amazing story I have ever come across in this forum. Thank you for your contributi ...

I like your post and feel that it is very balanced  ..........  

I do not take issue with this part  ........

I believe that we are just looking for convenient excuses, instead of getting involved.  

But I feel that you would be advised to know that some of the most prosperous people's in Chinese society in the early 20th century were Shanghai beggars  .......

They promulgated the legend of a God who dressed as a beggar to test people's character  ........

Anyone who did not donate would be subject to bad fortune  .........

These Shanghai beggars are a recorded fact of old China  ........

And unfortunately China is riddled with the stories of rich beggars .......

Especially in Guangdong ..........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.